Popular Inventions - Quiz Questions & Answers
- Which Italian inventor succeeded in transmitting wireless waves over long distances for the first time?
- Who set up the first English printing press?
- Galileo Galilee has two famous inventions to his credit. What are they?
- Four inventions that were to change the history of the world came from China. What were they?
- Which great painter of the Renaissance was also a famous inventor?
- This great American has patented the most inventions, the most illuminating being the incandescent electric bulb, the phonograph and the motion-picture projector. Who was he?
- Match the following with their inventors:
(a) Sir James Dewar Telephone
(b) Alfred Nobel Dynamo
(c) Alexander Graham Bell Thermos Flask
(d) Michael Faraday Dynamite
(e) William Sholes Photography
(f) Louis Daguerre Typewriter
- Name the inventors of the following:
(b) ball-point pen
- Elias Howe made the first sewing Machine. Who improved it?
- Who invented the Computer?
- Who is credited with the invention of the magnifying glass?
- For what invention are the following noted:
(a) Alastair Pilkington
(b) Henry Bessemer
(c) E.G. Otis
- What did Alessandro Volta invent in 1800?
- What was invented solely for the use of King Louis XIV of France?
- Who invented these articles of everyday use:
(a) Safety razor
(b) Ironing board
(c) Friction Matches
(d) Video-tape recorder
- In 1760, an Englishman, John Spilsbury invented popular game. What was it?
- For what invention is Sir Humphry Davy famous?
- Who invented Xerography (instant copying)?
- Which famous Science Fiction writer first suggested it? “The invention of satellites as a mean of communication.”
- Who produced the first really useful TV system?
Answers of Popular Inventions Quiz Questions
- William Caxton
- The Thermometer and the Telescope
- Paper, Printing, Gunpowder and the Magnetic compass
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Thomas Alva Edison
- (a) Sir James Dewar - Thermos flask
(b) Alfred Nobel - Dynamite
(c) Alexander Graham Bell - Telephone
(d) Michael Faraday - Dynamo
(e) William Sholes - Typewriter
(f) Louis Daguerre - Photography
- (a) Lewis Waterman
(b) Lazlo Biro
- Isaac Singer
- Vannevar Bush invented the Analog Computer in 1930; Howard Aiken invented the Digital Computer in 1944.
- Roger Bacon
- (a) Glass
- The Electric Battery
- The lift or Elevator
- (a) Gillette in 1901
(b) Sarah Boone in 1892
(c) John Walker in 1827
(d) Charles P. Ginsberg, Shelby Anderson Jr. and Ray Dolby in 1960
- The Jigsaw puzzle
- The safety lamp for miners
- Chester Carbon in 1938
- Arthur C. Clarke
- J. L. Baird