Number Quiz Questions with Answers
- Who were Balthazar, Melchoir and Caspar and what gifts did they give?
- How many Muses were there?
- (a) How many compartments does a cow’s stomach have?
(b) How many heads has a Hydra?
- Which wedding anniversary is called Diamond?
- (a) How many signs of the Zodiac are there? Name them?
(b) How many moons does Jupiter have?
- What is a “Haiku”?
- How many labours did Hercules have to perform to free himself from bondage? Name them.
- How many squares are there on a Chessboard?
- For how many years did the following sleep?
(a) Rip Van Winkle
(b) Sleeping Beauty
- How many stars are there in Orion’s Belt?
- How many knights sat at King Arthur’s Round Table?
- What are the different colored balls used in Snooker?
- Which novel by George Orwell sold its first copy in 1949?
- What was the Riddle of the sphinx?
- How many colors are there in a Spectrum?
- What number did Adolf Hitler believe possessed supernatural power?
- How many eyes does an earthworm have?
- How many years are there in four score and seven?
- Complete the following:
(a) “A Tale of …. Cities”.
(b) “The…. Pillars of Wisdom”.
(c) “The Law of the….. Just Men”.
(d) “….Leagues Under the Sea”.
(e) “The…. Steps”.
- What is Triskaidekaphobia?
- They were the Magi or The Three Wise Men, Their gifts were gold, frankincense and Myrrh.
- The 9 Muses, who presided over one of the Arts of the Greeks, were the daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne.
- (a) 4
- The 60th
- (a) 12. Aries, Pisces, Cancer, Capricorn, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Taurus, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Gemini and Scorpio
- An unrhymed Japanese poem of 3 lines, containing 17 syllables
- 12 Labours and they were:-
1. The slaying of the lion at Nemea
2. The Killing of Hydra the Monster with many heads
3. Capturing the golden-horned stag of Cerynitia
4. Capturing the wild boar of Erymanthus
5. Cleaning the Augean Stables
6. Killing the carrion birds of Stymphabus
7. Capturing the Cretan Bull
8. Capturing the wild horses of diomedes
9. Bringing the girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons
10. Bringing the Flocks of Geryon
11. Fetching the 3 golden apples of the Hesperides
12. Fetching the 3 Headed-dog Cereberus from the Underworld.
- (a) 20 years
(b) 100 years
- Black, brown, green, blue, pink, red, white and yellow
- Novel “1984”
- The Riddle of the Sphinx “What is it that walks on 4 legs then on 2 legs, and then on 3?”
- (a) “A Tale of Two Cities”.
(b) “The seven Pillars of Wisdom”.
(c) “The Law of the Four Just Men”.
(d) “20,000 Leagues under the Sea”.
(e) “The 39 Steps”
- Fear of No. 13.