Oceans, Seas, Rivers, Lakes, Island - Quiz Questions & Answers
- How many rivers are there in Saudi Arabia?
- Which is the ‘largest gulf in the world’?
- Which is the World’s Warmest Sea?
- (a) Which is the ‘largest freshwater lake’ in the world?
(b) Name the ‘largest salt lake’ in the world.
- One of the ‘world’s deepest sea-bed’ lies off the Pacific coast of Japan. What is it called?
- What name is given to the Group of seventeen Atolls 400 miles south-west of Sri Lanka?
- On which rivers are the following falls?
(a) The Victoria Falls
(b) The Stanley Falls
- The Murray is Australia’s greatest river. Where does it
(b) enter the sea
- Which two lakes form frontiers of Switzerland?
- What is the name of the ‘longest Spanish river’ flowing into the Mediterranean?
- State where the following island are located
(a) New Guinea
- Into which sea or ocean do the following rivers flow?
- Match the rivers with their towns:
(a) Belgrade - Spree
(b) Berlin - Danube
(c) London - Darling
(d) Sydney - Hudson
(e) New York - Thames
- (a) In which country is the river Tagus?
(b) On the banks of which river does ‘Shakespeare’s birth place’ stand?
- (a) On which river is the Aswan Dam?
(b) On which river does Florence stand?
- (a) Into which sea does the river Volga flow?
(b) Which capital city stands on the river Tiber?
- Name the mountain ranges, stretching for nearly 1000 miles, from the black Sea to the Caspian Sea.
- Arrange these oceans in the order of size: Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific. these oceans in the order of size: arctic, atlantic, indian, and pacific. >
- Name the five Great lakes.
- Name the four main islands of Japan.
- No rivers
- The Gulf of Mexico
- The Red Sea
- (a) Lake superior
(b) The Caspian Sea
- The Tuskarova Deep
- The Maldives Islands
- (a) Zambezi
- (a) The Snowy Mountains
(b) Encounter Bay, South Australia
- Lake Geneva and Lake Constance
- The Ebro
- (a) South-west Pacific
(b) Caribbean Sea
(c) Arabian Sea
- (a) Atlantic Ocean
(b) Mediterranean Sea
(c) Arabian Sea
- (a) Belgrade - Danube
(b) Berlin - Spree
(c) London - Thames
(d) Sydney - Darling
(e) New York - Hudson
- (a) Portugal
- (a) Nile
(b) River Arno
- (a) Caspian Sea
- The Caucasus
- Pacific Ocean (64 million sq. miles); Atlantic Ocean (32 million sq. miles); Indian Ocean (28 million sq. miles); arctic Ocean (5 million sq. miles).
- Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan and Lake Ontario
- Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku and Kyushu