King and Queens - Quiz Questions and Answers
- (a) “The King was in the counting-house.” Where was the Queen?
(b) Which Queen sometimes believed “as many as six impossible things before breakfast”?
- (a) In Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, who were the King and Queen of the fairies?
(b) Who were Goneril, Regan, and Cordelia
- (a) Who was the first Emperor of France?
(b) Who was England’s first Norman King?
- Who was the ruler of Aztec Mexico when the Spaniards Invaded?
- (a) Who ascended the Chrysanthemum Throne in Japan after the death of Emperor Hirohito?
(b) Who were the “White Rajahs” of Sarawak, Malaysia?
- State who the following were:
(a) “Bloody Mary”
(b) “Ivan the Terrible”
(c) “Richard the Lionheart”
- (a) Which Egyptian Queen married her brother?
(b) Which Queen sent a gift of “ivory, apes, and peacocks” to King Solomon?
- Name the Mongol Emperor, Patron of Marco Polo, who conquered China.
- Of which country was Haile Selassie once Emperor?
- “The Scourge of God” was the nickname given to a King of the Huns whose conquests stretched from the Rhine to Persia. Who was he?
- (a) This King owned 413 beds. Who was he?
(b) Which Queen said, “Let them eat cake”?
- (a) In whose reign was “The Golden Age” of British achievement?
(b) Who conferred the title “Empress of India” on Queen Victoria?
- (a) Who was the founder of the Holy Roman Empire?
(b) Which Roman Emperor made his horse a senator?
- Which Indian Queen’s beauty is said to have captivated Alauddin Khilji?
- Which King of Scotland was inspired by a spider?
- Who refused his Queen’s entry to his coronation?
- Which English king had six wives? Name them.
- Which Tsar of Russia is said to have been over 7 feet tall?
- Of which country was Alexander, the Great King?
- Which King abducted Prosperina in Mythology?
- (a) “The Queen was in the parlor; Eating bread and honey”.
(b) The white Queen in “Through the Looking-Glass” by Lewis Carroll
- (a) Oberon and Titania
(b) The 3 daughters of King Lear
- (a) Napoleon Bonaparte
(b) William the Conqueror
- (a) Emperor Akihito
(b) The Brooke family, ruled for nearly 100 years in Sarawak, Malaysia
- (a) Mary I, Queen of England
(b) Ivan IV of Russia
(c) Richard I, King of England
- (a) Cleopatra married her brother Ptolemy
(b) The Queen of Sheba
- Kublai Khan
- Ethiopia (Abyssinia)
- (a) Louis XIV of France
(b) Marie Antoinette
- (a) Queen Elizabeth I of England
- (a) Charlemagne, the Great
- Rani Padmini of Chittor
- Robert, the Bruce
- George IV of England
- The King is Henry VIII. Wives' names were: Catherine of Aragon, Catherine Howard, Anna Boleyn, Lady Jane Seymour, Anne of claves, and Catherine Parr.
- Peter, the Great
- Pluto, King of the Underworld