Mountains, Volcanoes & Deserts - Quiz Questions with Answers
- Which African peak is kwon as “The Mountain of the Cold Devils”?
- Mount Blanc lies within the territories of which three countries?
- Which range of mountains in Africa takes its name from a mythological character condemned to support the universe on his shoulders?
- Two continents are separated by one range of mountains; Name the continents and the mountains.
- Where are these?
(a) Atacama Desert
(b) Thar Desert
- Where are the following volcanoes:
(c) Mt. Meru
- Where the name of the ‘two largest Passes through the Austrian Alps’.
- (a) Name the great desert between China and Mongolia;
(b) Name the two largest deserts in Africa, one being in the north and the other in the south.
- Which mountains form the ‘backbone of the Italian Peninsula’?
- What is the name of the famous active volcano on the Island of Sicily?
- Which mountains are the backbone of:
(a) North America
(b) South America
- Where are the following mountains?
(a) The Pennines
- In which range of mountains is Everest?
- On which of the Italian Lipari Islands is there a famous volcano?
- What well-known mountain range in turkey is also the name of a sign of the Zodiac?
- Where is
(a) Mt. Egmont
(b) Mt. Erebus
- In which mountains do the following rivers are?
(a) The Amazon
(b) The Porise
- All continents have deserts except one, which continent?
- Where the following mountain ranges are?
(a) K-2 Mt. Godwin Austen
- Which is the longest mountain range in the world?
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- France, Switzerland and Italy
- The Atlas Mountains
- Europe and Asia; the Ural Mountains
- (a) Chile
- (a) Ecuador
- Brenner and Semmering
- (a) The Gobi Desert
(b) (i) Sahara (North), (ii) Kalahari (South)
- The Apennines
- Etna (the highest volcano in Europe)
- (a) The Rockies
(b) The Andes
- (a) England
- The Himalayas
- (a) North Island, New Zealand
(b) Ross Island, Antarctica
- (a) Andes
(b) French Alps
- (a) Karakoram
- The Andes in South America is the longest mountain range – 15,000 miles long.