Indian Banking Quiz - Quiz Questions about Banks in India
Here are some banking quiz questions with answers to check your general knowledge about banks in India.
- What was established in Kolkata on 1st April 1935 in accordance with the provision of an act of the same name passed in 1934?
- The Reserve Bank of India was established on the recommendations of a report submitted in 1926 by which commission?
- What unique distinction do the General Bank of India and the Bank of Hindustan found in and around 1786 possess in the context of Indian banking history?
- The Imperial Bank of India was renamed on 30th April 1955 as what?
- Which bank operates on behalf of the SBI in Nigeria and was established in 1981?
- Which was the first foreign bank to open a branch in India?
- The Allahabad Bank, established in 1865 and still functioning today, is the oldest Joint Stock bank in India. Which was the first Joint Stock bank in India?
- What was approved by the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertaking) Bill passed on 9th August 1969?
- What unique distinction does the Anyonya Co-operative Bank hold?
- Which bank sponsored the first regional rural bank in India by the name Prathama Grameen Bank?
Banking Quiz Answers
- Reserve Bank of India
- Hilton Young Commission
- They are the first Indian Banks
- State Bank of India
- INMB (Indo-Nigerian Merchant Bank)
- Comptoire d’Escompte de Paris of France in 1860s
- Bank of Upper India, established in 1863
- Nationalization of the largest 14 commercial Indian banks
- It is the first cooperative bank in Asia
- Syndicate Bank