Other Names - Quiz Questions & Answers
- Which countries are called
(a) the Cockpit of Europe
(b) the Playground of Europe
- Which rivers are known as
(a) China’s sorrow
(b) Bengal’s sorrow
- Where would you find the “Never Never Land”?
- What name is given to the Atlantic Ocean?
- Which centre of learning is called “The City of Dreaming Spires”?
- Identify them:
(a) Dark Continent
(b) Island Continent
- What are the “Pillars of Hercules”?
- By what names are these known?
- Which is the world’s “Loneliest Island”?
- Name the countries associated with the following:
(a) The Land of the Golden Pagodas
(b) The Land of the Morning Calm
(c) The Land of a Thousand Lakes
- What are original names of the countries?
(a) the Eternal City
(b) the Forbidden City
(c) the Windy City
(d) the Granite City
- Where would you find the following?
(a) the Blue Mountains
(b) the Roof of the World
- What are the other names given to the following?
- What is known as “The Power Keg of Europe”?
- Mention the cities related to these names.
(a) the Venice of the North
(b) the Venice of the South
- What are the names of:
- Which country is called “The sugar Bowl of the World”?
- To which countries these names are given?
(a) The Land of the Rising Sun
(b) The Land of the midnight Sun
- (a) What is the “Gift of the Nile”?
(b) Which city is known as “The Pearl of the Orient”?
- (a) Where would you find the “White Man’s Grave”?
(b) Who is “Uncle Sam”?
- (a) Belgium
- (a) The Hwang-Ho
(b) The Damodhar
- In Northern Australia
- Herring Pond
- (a) Africa
- The Straits of Gibraltar
- (a) Island of Pearls
(b) Emerald Island
(c) Island of Cloves
- Tristan da Cunha
- (a) Burma (Myanmar)
- (a) Rome
(b) Lhasa (Tibet)
(d) Aberdeen (Scotland)
- (a) Nilgiris, South India
(b) The Pemir, Asia
- (a) The Rose-Pink City
(b) The Bride of the Adriatic
(c)The City of Magnificent Distances
(d) The City of Lights
- The Balkans
- (a) Stockholm
(b) Kochi, Kerala
- (a) The Land of the White Elephant
(b) The Land of the Thunderbolt
- (a) Japan
- (a) Egypt
- (a) Guinea Coast, Africa
(b) The United States of America