National Flags, Anthems and Emblems - Quiz Questions with Answers
- What are the colors of the United Nations Organization’s flag?
- Name the country that calls its flag as:
(a) The Union Jack
(b) The Stars and Strips
(c) The Tricolor
- What color is the hammer and sickle on the Soviet flag?
- In war, what is indicated by a white flag?
- What is the color of the Red Cross Flag in Muslim countries?
- Who traditionally fly a single cedar tree on its flag?
- (a) On which country’s flag can you see the "Star of David"?
(b) Which country has a single cedar tree on its flag?
- (a) What is the French National Anthem and who composed it?
(b) What is the National anthem of Great Britain?
- Which country’s people stand up for the anthem "The Star-Spangled Banner"? Who wrote it?
- When was "Jana Gana Mana" adopted as the National Anthem of India?
- Which country has the oldest National Anthem?
- Which two countries National Anthems were composed by the same poet?
- What do the five rings on the Olympic flag represent?
- Which country’s National Anthem is called "The Waltzing Matilda"?
- Match the national flowers and their countries:
(a) United Kingdom - Dahlia
(b) Mexico - Wattle
(c) Australia - Lily
(d) France - Rose
- Name the national animals of:
(a) New Zealand
- Which country’s national emblem is the Pomegranate?
- Of which two countries is the dragon a symbol?
- Which animal is the symbol of the World Wildlife Fund?
- Name the national emblems of:
- A blue flag with a white globe and 2 olive branches on it
- (a) Great Britain
- The actual flag has a red cross on a white background. In Muslim countries, it is a red crescent on a white background.
- Sea Pirates
- (a) Israel
- (a) "La Marseillaise", composed by Rouget de Lisle
(b) "God Save the King" probably composed by John Bull.
- The United States of America. It was written by Francis Scott Key.
- January 24th, 1950
- Japan. The "Kimigayo" has words which date from the 9th century A.D.
- India and Bangladesh. India’s national anthem, "Jana Gana Mana" and Bangladesh’s national anthem "Amar Shonar Bangla" were both composed by Rabindranath Tagore.
- The five Continents
- (a) United Kingdom - Rose
(b) Mexico - Dehlia
(c) Australia - Wattle
(d) France - Lily
- (a) Kiwi
(d) Bald-headed Eagle
(e) A she-wolf
- Wales and China
- The Giant Panda
- (a) The leek
(b) The thistle
(c) The shamrock