Abbreviations, Signs and Symbols - Quiz Questions with Answers
- What do “A.M.” and “P.M.” stand for?
- What is the Russian equivalent for U.S.S.R.?
- What does “stet” in printing mean?
- What do the following stand for:
- What do the letters "RSVP" at the end of an invitation mean?
- Give the full name of:
- What do the letters D.C. after Washington stand for?
- What do VCR and VCP mean?
- What is OPEC?
- What do the following mean?
- What do the letters ER which follow the signature of Queen Elizabeth stand for?
- What do the letters “QED” at the end of a geometrical theorem mean?
- (a) What is an UFO?
(b) TNT is an explosive. What is its chemical name?
- What does the sign ‘R’ at the top of a medical prescription mean?
- What does “dim” In a musical score stand for?
- Expand the following:
- Who is an OBE?
- What are the following:
- Which country’s name is abbreviated to C.S.S.R.?
- (a) What are the three R’s?
(b) Children are graded at school by their IQ rating of what is IQ an abbreviation?
- “A.M.” means “Ante Meridiem”, or before noon; “P.M.” means “Post Meridiem” or after noon
- Let it stand
- (a) British Broadcasting Corporation
(b) Voice of America
(c) All India Radio
- “Respondez s’il vous plait” or “please answer”
- (a) United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund
(b) Child Relief and You
- District of Columbia
- Abbreviations for Video Cassette Recorder and Video Cassette Player
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
- (a) “e.g.” stands for “exempli gratia” or “for example”.
(b) “etc” stands for “etcetera” or “following”.
- Elizabeth Regina
- “Quod erat demonstrandum” or “that which has to be proved”
- (a) Unidentified Flying Object
- “Recipe” or “take what has been prescribed”
- “Dimiuendo” or gradual decrease of tone
- (a) Kilowatt
(b) cubic feet
(c) revolutions per minute
- An officer of the British Empire
- (a) Pan American Airways
(b) Queensland & Northern Territory Aerial Service
(c) Scandinavian Airways Limited
- (a) ‘R’eading, W‘r’iting, A‘r’ithimetic
(b) Intelligence Quotient