India General Knowledge Quiz | India General Knowledge Questions
A collection of India General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers for Competitive Examination and Quiz contests in India. This general knowledge quiz covers a variety of topics such as Information about India, Indian States, India Flag, Ancient Culture of India, India Map, National Holidays, Indian Economy, Indian Railway, India Trivia, Indian History etc. The convenience and flexibility of this online general knowledge quiz about India makes it a very popular among students of schools and colleges.
India General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- Question: Ministerial meeting of WTO held in Dec 99 was unsuccessful because of what reasons?
Answer: Environment-related issues. environment-related issues. >
- Question: Name the only Indian President who was the speaker of Lok Sabha also?
Answer: Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy neelam sanjeeva reddy >
- Question: What was the venue of world cup of Football in 1994?
Answer: U.S.A. u.s.a. >
- Question: Manisha Koirala is associated with the advertisement of which brand of fan?
Answer: Ortem fan ortem fan >
- Question: Name the company whose C.E.O was chosen as the manager of the century by Fortune magazine?
Answer: General Electric (GE) general electric (ge) >
- Question: Which International company owns Lotus Development Company?
Answer: IBM ibm >
- Question: Which film has won 11 Oscar awards other than "Titanic"?
Answer: Ben Hur ben hur >
- Question: Which states has maximum number of seats reserved for Schedule Tribes in Lok Sabha?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh madhya pradesh >
- Question: French Revolution resulted in the abolition of what?
Answer: Slavery slavery >
- Question: The Standing committee of state finance ministers recommended in January 2000 uniform rates across the states in respect of what?
Answer: Sales Tax sales tax >
- Question: Which city is known as the "Manchester of South India"?
Answer: Coimbatore coimbatore >
- Question: How many states are there in India?
Answer: 28 28 >
- Question: Economic liberalization in India started with what?
Answer: It started in the year 1991 with the delicensing of Industries in India it started in the year 1991 with the delicensing of industries in india >
- Question: Which body is not a creation of the constitution?
Answer: Election Commission election commission >
- Question: Which was the first Indian company to dematerialize its shares?
Answer: Reliance Industries reliance industries >
- Question: Who is the first person from Africa to become the Secretary General of UN?
Answer: Dr. Boutros Boutros Ghali dr. boutros boutros ghali >
- Question: National Income in India is estimated by?
Answer: Central Statistical Organization (C. S. O) central statistical organization (c. s. o) >
- Question: Which is the oldest company listed in Wall Street?
Answer: Bank of New York bank of new york >
- Question: Who led Indian delegation to G-15 summit held at Cairo in June 2000?
Answer: Vice-President, Krishna Kant vice-president, krishna kant >
- Question: "Talk to me" is a promotional campaign associated with which company?
Answer: Toothpaste toothpaste >
- Question: What is the expected food subsidy bill for 2000-01?
Answer: 8100 crores 8100 crores >
- Question: Who is the founder of positive health clinic?
Answer: Dr. Mukesh Batra dr. mukesh batra >
- Question: First public sector unit registered in New York Stock Exchange on 15th August 2000?
Answer: ICICI LTD. icici ltd. >
- Question: Which bank is associated with the Sapnay credit card?
Answer: Standard Chartered Bank standard chartered bank >
- Question: Lexus is a sports car owned by which Asian car manufacturer?
Answer: Toyota toyota >
- Question: Indian population constitutes what percentage of the world population?
Answer: 16% 16% >
- Question: Sanjukta Panigrahi was the popular exponent of which form of dance?
Answer: Odissi odissi >
- Question: Who is the MD of ICICI Bank?
Answer: K.V Kamath k.v kamath >
- Question: What is the full form of TRAI?
Answer: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India. telecom regulatory authority of india. >
- Question: What is the meaning of Direct Tax?
Answer: Tax imposed and collected directly on and by the consumer tax imposed and collected directly on and by the consumer >
- Question: Vishvas / Vikas / Vaibahav is the motto of which private bank?
Answer: IndusInd Bank indusind bank >
- Question: Which form of intellectual property can provide the longest protections?
Answer: Trade mark trade mark >
- Question: Khalid Ansari is associated with which publications?
Answer: Mid Day mid day >
- Question: Which Indian News paper has highest of circulation?
Answer: Dainik Bhaskar dainik bhaskar >
- Question: Who is the Ex-officio chairman of the Planning Commission of India?
Answer: Prime Minister prime minister >
- Question: Which Indian TV channel owned the rights for the telecast of 50th Miss World Contest held in Millennium Dome in London?
Answer: Zee TV zee tv >
- Question: Bajaj Auto Ltd. is setting its two-wheeler plant in which south Asian country?
Answer: China china >
- Question: Who was chosen as the Businessman of the Century by Fortune Magazine?
Answer: Henry Ford henry ford >
- Question: Marjorie Sardino is the CEO of which company?
Answer: Pearson Plc. pearson plc. >
- Question: The speaker can ask a member of the house to stop speaking and let another member speak. This phenomenon is known as?
Answer: Yielding the floor. yielding the floor. >
- Question: Which place associated with the 1917 freedom movement?
Answer: Champaran Movement champaran movement >
- Question: Which among the following is the hardest metal among Gold, Iron, Platinum, Tungsten?
Answer: Tungsten tungsten >
- Question: Glass is manufactured by heating which of the following up to 400C? (a) Lime stone (b) Soda Ash (c) Silica (Give right combination)
Answer: Glass is manufactured by heating Lime stone + Soda Ash + Silica, (all of them) glass is manufactured by heating lime stone + soda ash + silica, (all of them) >
- Question: What was the purpose of initiation of Dandi March?
Answer: To break the salt law to break the salt law >
- Question: Convulsions in infants is caused due to the deficiency of which vitamin?
Answer: Pyridoxine - A type of vitamin B pyridoxine - a type of vitamin b >
- Question: Name the only Indian musician to have sung in United Nations (UN)?
Answer: M.S. Subbulakshmi m.s. subbulakshmi >
- Question: Who won the Tansen Samman for 2001?
Answer: Ustad Amjad Ali Khan ustad amjad ali khan >
- Question: Who is the Secretary-General of Commonwealth?
Answer: Don-Mckinnon don-mckinnon >
- Question: Who is the Secretary General of Lok Sabha?
Answer: G.C. Malhotra g.c. malhotra >
- Question: Name the party that won parliamentary elections in Bangladesh in 2001?
Answer: Bangladeshi Nationalist Party (BNP) bangladeshi nationalist party (bnp) >
- Question: What is the real GDP annual growth rate according to RBI for 2001 - 2002?
Answer: For 2001-2002 it is 6 to 6.5% (estimated) for 2001-2002 it is 6 to 6.5% (estimated) >
- Question: Who is the chairman of the probing committee of UTI fiasco?
Answer: S.S. Tarapore s.s. tarapore >
- Question: Name the country that banned Human Cloning in 2001?
Answer: United Kingdom, around April 2001 united kingdom, around april 2001 >
- Question: Name the scheme that was not announced by the Prime Minister on 15th August 2001?
Answer: Schemes that were announced on 15th August 2001 are: (1) Sampoorna Gramin Yojana (2) National Nutrition Mission (3) Ambedkar Awas Yojana (4) Housing for families of Army Jawans (therefore, the scheme except the above stated ones was not announced by the Prime Minister) schemes that were announced on 15th august 2001 are: (1) sampoorna gramin yojana (2) national nutrition mission (3) ambedkar awas yojana (4) housing for families of army jawans (therefore, the scheme except the above stated ones was not announced by the prime minister) >
- Question: What is the meaning of Hysterisis of an instrument?
Answer: A retardation of the effect when the forces acting upon a body are changed especially a lagging in the values of resulting magnetization in a magnetic material (as iron) due to changing magnetic force. a retardation of the effect when the forces acting upon a body are changed especially a lagging in the values of resulting magnetization in a magnetic material (as iron) due to changing magnetic force. >
- Question: Which physical quantity’s unit is ’Tesla’?
Answer: Magnetic Flux magnetic flux >
- Question: Who is the chairman of Railway Board?
Answer: V.K. Aggarwal v.k. aggarwal >
- Question: Who is the Vice-Chancellor of IGNOU?
Answer: Professor H.P Dixit professor h.p dixit >
- Question: Name the movie directed by Mira Nair that won the Golden lion award in 2001?
Answer: Monsoon Wedding monsoon wedding >
- Question: K. Venkataswami Commission is associated with which scandal?
Answer: Tehelka Episode (Armsgate Scandal) tehelka episode (armsgate scandal) >
- Question: Who won the Century of the star award in a function held at Egypt in 2001?
Answer: Amitabh Bachchan amitabh bachchan >
- Question: Who authored "India from midnight to millennium"?
Answer: Shashi Tharoor shashi tharoor >
- Question: Who is the Managing Director of HDFC Bank?
Answer: Aditya Puri aditya puri >
- Question: What is the reason of not falling of Leaning Tower of Peasa?
Answer: Soil below the structure precisely subterranean water makes the ground beneath the tower, unstable soil below the structure precisely subterranean water makes the ground beneath the tower, unstable >
- Question: Why enamel is coated on a transformer between its coils?
Answer: To reduce heating effect to reduce heating effect >
- Question: How many states went for Assembly elections in the year 2000?
Answer: five five >
- Question: Which personality is known as "Fiat Palio brand champion"?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar sachin tendulkar >
- Question: Name the plant that gives only seeds and not fruit?
Answer: Cycus cycus >
- Question: Which is a polymer (few options like, vinyl chloride, urea etc. were given)?
Answer: Nylon nylon >
- Question: Who initiated the construction of Fatehpur Sikri?
Answer: Akbar akbar >
- Question: According to the World FDI investment report, from the year 2000 to 2001, FDI has increased by 18%. This increase amounts to what amount in dollars?
Answer: 1.3 trillion dollars. 1.3 trillion dollars. >
- Question: Which state has launched "Apna Van Apna Dhan" scheme?
Answer: Himachal Pradesh himachal pradesh >
- Question: Borndila pass is situated in which state of India?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh arunachal pradesh >
- Question: When was National Tourism Policy drafted?
Answer: The answer was none of the given options, as Dec. 2001 was slated to be the month of drafting the policy, finally. the answer was none of the given options, as dec. 2001 was slated to be the month of drafting the policy, finally. >
- Question: As per the Global Competitiveness Report, 2001 which country has emerged as the most the competitive nation?
Answer: Singapore singapore >
- Question: An egg sinks in tap water but floats in a concentrated solution of salt because of what?
Answer: The density of salt solution exceeds the density of eggs. the density of salt solution exceeds the density of eggs. >
- Question: The science dealing with the study of phenomenon at very low temperature is known as what?
Answer: CRYOGENICS cryogenics >
- Question: Jhum is a type of what?
Answer: Cultivation cultivation >
- Question: Gasoline is the name given to the same substance as:
Answer: natural gas natural gas >
- Question: Which of the following is an organic rock?
Answer: coal coal >
- Question: The writ of certiorari is issued by a superior court
Answer: to an inferior court to transfer the records of proceedings in a case for its review. to an inferior court to transfer the records of proceedings in a case for its review. >
- Question: Tata, Birlas, AT&T infused Rs. 300 crores (100 crores each) into which company as it was jointly called:
Answer: Batata batata >
- Question: Inflation, in theory, occurs:
Answer: when money supply grows at a higher rate than GDP in real terms. when money supply grows at a higher rate than gdp in real terms. >
- Question: Aggregate Measure of Support (AMS) in the context of WTO refers to:
Answer: The quantum of subsidy given to the agriculture sector. the quantum of subsidy given to the agriculture sector. >
- Question: Name the official sponsor of the Indian hockey Team for the year 2001?
Answer: Indian Airlines. indian airlines. >
- Question: Daniel Radcliffe made headlines for getting the role of portraying on screen which famous muggle-born in the literary world?
Answer: Harry Potter harry potter >
- Question: Name the scheme run by Unit Trust of India, which was dubbed "Pandora’s Box of Horror"?
Answer: US 64. us 64. >
- Question: In which year did the first modern Olympic Games take place?
Answer: 1896. 1896. >
- Question: The Pizza Hut is the world’s largest food chain. Name the world’s largest restaurant company?
Answer: McDonalds. mcdonalds. >
- Question: Which is the last letter in the Greek alphabet?
Answer: Omega. omega. >
- Question: Sound travels fastest through:
Answer: Steel. steel. >
- Question: Excise duty is tax levied on:
Answer: production of goods. production of goods. >
- Question: Which of the following is considered a good source of Vitamin A?
Answer: Carrot. carrot. >
- Question: What is common to these people? Manmohan Singh, C. Rangarajan, Bimal Jalan, L.K. Jha
Answer: They have served as Governors of RBI. they have served as governors of rbi. >
- Question: What is common to these cities? Seattle, Doha, Singapore
Answer: Venue of WTO ministerial conference. venue of wto ministerial conference. >
- Question: Which among the following products forms India’s largest item of export in terms of value?
Answer: Gems and Jewellery gems and jewellery >
- Question: Who received the Indira Gandhi Prize of Peace, Disarmament and Development of the year 2000?
Answer: Mary Robinson mary robinson >
- Question: Jeff Bezos is the founder of which popular website?
Answer: Amazon.com amazon.com >
- Question: Who was involved in Hawala scandal?
Answer: Jain brothers jain brothers >
- Question: Where are the headquarters WTO?
Answer: Geneva geneva >
- Question: What is India’s share in total world exports?
Answer: 0.6% 0.6% >
- Question: Where is Almati Dam Situated?
Answer: Karnataka karnataka >
- Question: "Wealth of Nations", is authored by?
Answer: Adam Smith adam smith >
- Question: Hydraulic brake is application of?
Answer: Pascal’s law of pressure pascal’s law of pressure >
- Question: What are the main components of fertilizers?
Answer: Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium (N, P, K) nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium (n, p, k) >
- Question: Optical fiber is mode up of?
Answer: Glass threads glass threads >
- Question: Where are the Headquarters of European Union?
Answer: Brussels brussels >
- Question: Who is the chairman of UTI?
Answer: M.M Damodaran m.m damodaran >
- Question: Dalal Street is situated in which city of India?
Answer: Mumbai mumbai >
- Question: Who is the Governor of Reserve Bank of India?
Answer: Dr. Bimal Jalan dr. bimal jalan >
- Question: Ashok Chakra is associated with?
Answer: Bravery bravery >
- Question: Name the tallest living tree.
Answer: Redwood tree redwood tree >
- Question: Who was the founding leader of Muslim league?
Answer: Aga Khan III aga khan iii >
- Question: Where are Caves of Ajanta situated?
Answer: Maharashtra maharashtra >
- Question: How many countries have adopted ’Euro’ as their currency?
Answer: 12 (as on Jan 1, 2002) 12 (as on jan 1, 2002) >
- Question: Which batsman has the best bowling record in One Day Internationals?
Answer: Wasim Akram (only cricketer to have 300 wickets and 3000 runs in ODI’s) wasim akram (only cricketer to have 300 wickets and 3000 runs in odi’s) >
- Question: Which state won highest number of medals in National Games which were held in Nov - Dec 2001?
Answer: Punjab punjab >
- Question: Who is "Ranil Wickramasinghay"?
Answer: Leader of the opposition in Sri-Lanka. leader of the opposition in sri-lanka. >
- Question: Which of the following is the second largest commercial Bank in India?
Answer: According to the latest information ICICI Ltd. has said that it would merge with ICICI Bank to create the second largest commercial Bank in India, in the last week of October, 2001. according to the latest information icici ltd. has said that it would merge with icici bank to create the second largest commercial bank in india, in the last week of october, 2001. >
- Question: Which Indian Film was nominated for Oscar 2002 award?
Answer: Lagaan by Amir Khan. lagaan by amir khan. >
- Question: Which Indian state produces largest amount of mica?
Answer: Bihar bihar >
- Question: ISO 14000 certificates are associated with which field?
Answer: Environment Management Standards environment management standards >
- Question: Which movie won the "Golden Lion" award in 2001?
Answer: Monsoon wedding directed by Mira Nair. monsoon wedding directed by mira nair. >
- Question: Which serial won the best serial award?
Answer: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi. >
- Question: Who is the present Principal scientific Advisor to the Government of India?
Answer: Dr. R. Chidambaram dr. r. chidambaram >
- Question: Which industrialist purchased the L&T shares from Ambanis in late 2001?
Answer: A.V. Birla (owner of Grasim Industries) a.v. birla (owner of grasim industries) >
- Question: What is the former name of the company "Aventis"?
Answer: Pasteur Merieux Connaught. pasteur merieux connaught. >
- Question: What was the venue for 2004 Olympic Games?
Answer: Athens in Greece athens in greece >
- Question: How many Indians have won all England Badminton Championship so far?
Answer: 2 - Prakash Padukone & P. Gopichand 2 - prakash padukone & p. gopichand >
- Question: What is the revised Indian export growth target for 2001 - 2002?
Answer: For the year 2001 to 2002 (April to March) it is reduced from 12% to 9%. for the year 2001 to 2002 (april to march) it is reduced from 12% to 9%. >
- Question: ’.com’ in all the web sites stands for?
Answer: Commercial commercial >
- Question: "You give me blood, I will give you freedom", was the words of which famous Indian leader?
Answer: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. netaji subhash chandra bose. >
You have a very important website that is very helpful in general knowledge,
This information was very helpful. Thank you for sharing it.
This general knowledge quiz about India is very helpful for students. Please update this collection with more general knowledge quiz questions about India with answers.
These general knowledge questions are good. I am preparing for central government sector exams so I need important GK questions with answers.
These are indeed valuable questions that are available at one go, I would appreciate the effort for such a nice collection, but some questions are not updated one like current affairs and who’s who.
This is very helpful to me.