Fun Facts, Random Facts, Strange Facts - Collection of Wonderful Facts
Here is a collection of fun facts that you always wanted to know. Weird and wonderful facts and trivia with collection of useless tidbits of general knowledge to impress your friends with.
- It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
- It’s been proven that people can lessen reactions to allergies by laughing.
- Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system.
- Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
- In the middle ages, people would pin the name of their sweetheart to their sleeve on Valentine’s Day and keep it there for a week, hence ’wearing their heart on their sleeve’.
- It was during the Victorian era that the formerly nude Cupid was redesigned as wearing a skirt.
- The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- Tomato Ketchup was once used as medicine in the United States. It was sold as "Dr. Miles Compound Extract of Tomato".
- When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.