Yoga, Meditation & Simple Life
In Ayurveda, yoga means union, and is a traditional system of healing the mind and body. It is believed that yoga cleanses the body of toxins, improving muscle tone and blood circulation.
An ancient system of practices originating in India, It is aimed at integrating mind, body and spirit to enhance health and well-being. There are many different forms of yoga. Hatha yoga, the most widely practised form of yoga in the Western world uses specific postures and breathing exercises.
Some define Yoga as a spiritual practice which includes posture breath control and meditation. The word is derived from the Sanskrit meaning to bind, join, yoke, direct, to use and apply. In other words, An ancient Indian philosophy and way of life, where complete harmony between our body and mind is achieved by special exercise, breathing and meditation.
- If the mind is kept cool and calm at all times, you will have wonderful health, strength and vitality.
- Let any disease remain in your body. Do not bother too much. Develop the powers of endurance and resistance. Strengthen your body, mind and nerves.
- Take plenty of open-air exercises, substantial nutritious food, medicated oil bath and plenty of rest.
- Be moderate in food, drink and enjoyments. Lead a spiritual life. All diseases will leave your body by themselves.
- Do not go to the doctors very often unless emergency. Endeavour to qualify yourself as your own doctor. Understand the laws of nature and the principles of hygiene and health.
- Bask in the sun. Expose your body to the rays of the sun for a short time daily. This is heliotherapy or sun-treatment. Sun is the source of energy and power. You will derive energy and power from the sun.
- Soak 12 almonds at night. Remove the skin and take the almonds with some sugarcandy in the early morning. Or you can make a refreshing beverage by grinding these almonds with a little black pepper and sugarcandy. This is a fine, cooling and strength-giving tonic.
- Rest in bed is necessary. Adjust your diet. Take simple, wholesome, easily digestible, bland and non-irritating food. Give up hot, pungent curries, chutneys and chilliest.
- If you can fast for a whole day, it is all the better. Fasting eliminates poisons and overhauls the system thoroughly. You can take sago and milk barley water and fruits like sweet oranges, grapes, etc.
- Observe Brahmacharya. Get up at 4 a.m. And practice Japa of ’Hari Om’ or any other Mantra and also meditation for one hour. The Name of the Lord is the best medicine or tonic in the world.
- You should have intense faith in the power of the Names of the Lord. Incurable diseases are cured by Japa or singing Hari’s Name.
- Meditation creates new, healthy vibrations in all the cells of the body and removes any kind of disease. All the tissues are bathed in the nectar that flows during meditation. All germs that cause diseases are destroyed.
- Resort to Nature Cure and Yogic Chikitsa. Practise regularly Pranayama, breathing exercises, Asanas, concentration and meditation. This is the ideal treatment.
- Have a cheerful countenance always. Smile and laugh.