Mythology Quiz Questions with Answers - Part 1
- Who is regarded as the King of the Gods in
- (a) What was the half-man and half-horse in mythology called?
(b) What was the name of the winged horse of the Gods?
- What was the name of the
(a) one-eyed giant
(b) the 1000-eyed monster in mythology?
- Who, in Chinese mythology, was the first ruler of the world?
- Complete the following pairs:
(a) …and Leander;
(b) Venus and …;
(c) Echo and …;
(d) Isis and …;
- (a) Who was Hermes?
(b) Who was condemned to have a terrible thirst?
- State who were:
- Who were the nine Muses? Name them.
- The Classical God of Dream was given to a modern drug. What was his name and what is the name of the drug?
- State who was the Great Earth Mother in:
(d) Roman mythology
- Match the mountain homes correctly:
(a) Zeus Mount Zion
(b) Jupiter Mount Kailash
(c) Indra Mount Olympus
(d) Yahweh Mount Parnassus
(e) Shiva Mount Sumeru
- Which women had heads covered with snakes?
- Surya is the Sun God in Hindu mythology. Who are his counterparts in the following mythologies?
- What was the name of the ‘Plumed Serpent God of Central America’?
- (a) What was the name of Jason’s ship?
(b) What was he seeking?
- Who was Anubis?
- Name the famous characters in the following:
(a) Greek mythology
(b) Hindu mythology who died from an arrow in the heel
- What happened to everything when Midas touched
- Who opened a box and released all the pains, disease and ills afflicting mankind?
- Who was the ruler of the winds in Greek mythology?
- (a) Jupiter
- (a) Centaur
- (a) Cyclopes
- ‘P’ an-Ku
- (a) Hero
- (a) The Greek Messenger of the Gods
- (a) The Dragon in Chinese mythology
(b) Indra’ elephant
(c) The ferryman who rowed the dead over the river Styx to Hades in Greek mythology.
- In Greek mythology, the nine Muses were the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne. Each Muse presided over one of the arts. Their names were: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Erato, Polyhymnia, Urania and Calliope. greek mythology, the nine muses were the daughters of zeus and mnemosyne. each muse presided over one of the arts. their names were: clio, euterpe, thalia, melpomene, terpsichore, erato, polyhymnia, urania and calliope. >
- Morpheus; morphine
- (a) Dana
- (a) Zeus -Mount Olympus
(b) Jupiter -Mount Parnassus
(c) Indra -Mount Sumeru
(d) Yahweh -Mount Zion
(e) Shiva -Mount Kailash
- The 3 Gorgon sisters – Stheno, Euryale and Medusa
- (a) Apollo
- (a) Argo
(b) the Golden Fleece
- The Jackal-headed God of the Dead in Egyptian mythology.
- (a) Achilles
(b) Lord Krishna
- It turned to gold
This list is based on the content of the title and/or content of the article displayed above which makes them more relevant and more likely to be of interest to you.
We're glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy, and all links are nofollow. Do not use keywords in the name field. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.comments powered by Disqus