Change Details in Computer Folders
Have you ever needed specific information for one of your files or folders? Or, have you ever needed to change the details that are displayed in a folder? If you answered yes to either of those questions, this tip is for you! This tip show you how to change the list views for your files and folders in Windows XP. Let’s go!
You can display files and folders in a variety of different ways, depending on what you want to see and do. When you view your files and folders in the Details mode, a default list of file and folder information appears, including the Name, Size, Type and Date Modified. But what if that default list doesn’t provide the information you need? Well, you can add (or remove) as much information as you wish.
- First, go to Start, My Documents.
- Once you’re there, single click on the file or folder you want to change.
- Next, click on the View menu.
- Scroll down and then click on Choose Details.
The Choose Details dialogue box will then appear.
- You can now select the checkboxes with the details you want to include or you can clear out the ones you don’t want.
- Click the Move Up or Move Down buttons to change the order of the selected items.
- Click the Show or Hide buttons to either show or hide the selected items.
- When you’re all set, just click OK.
That’s it. You can now view your files and folders with the specific information you need!