IQ Test Questions with Answers - IQ Quiz Test
What is IQ?
Intelligence quotient (IQ) is an age-related measure of intelligence and is defined as 100 times the mental age. The word "quotient" means the result of dividing one quantity by another, and intelligence can be defined as mental ability or quickness of mind.
What is an IQ Test?
An intelligence test ( IQ test ) is, by definition, any test that purports to measure intelligence. Generally such tests consist of a graded series of tasks, each of which has been standardized using a large, representative population of individuals. This procedure establishes the average IQ as 100. It is generally believed that a person's IQ rating is hereditary and that the rate of development of a person's mental age remains constant until about the age of 13 years, after which it slows up. Beyond the age of 18 little or no improvement is found.
IQ Test For Kids
Tests that measure the IQs of children are standardized and an average score is recorded for each age group. Thus a child of 10 years of age who scores the results expected of a child of 12 would have an IQ of 120, calculated as follows: (mental age/chronological age) 100 = (12/10) 100 = 120 However, because little or no improvement in IQ rating is found in adults, they have to be judged on an IQ test whose average score is 100 and their results graded above and below this norm according to known scores.
During the past 25-30 years, IQ testing has been brought into widespread use by employers because of their need to ensure that they place the right people in the right job from the outset. One of the main reasons for this in today's world of tight purse strings, cost-cutting, and low budgets is the high cost of errors in employing the wrong person for a job, including the cost of re-advertising and interviewing new applicants and of reinvestment in training.
How To Increase IQ Level?
As IQ is hereditary, it is not possible to increase your IQ. It is, nevertheless, possible to improve your performance on IQ tests by practicing the many different types of questions and by learning to recognize the recurring themes. The questions in this book are typical of the type and style of question that you are likely to encounter in actual tests and are designed to provide valuable practice for anyone who may have to take this type of test in the future. It is our belief that by practicing different types of IQ tests, and by attuning your mind to the different types of questions you may encounter, it is possible to improve by a few vital percentage points. It is these few percentage points that may prove crucial in increasing your job prospects and may mean the difference between success or failure when attending one of the many job interviews that include an IQ test.
The tests that follow are not, therefore, standardized, so an actual IQ assessment cannot be given. A little intelligence test for you - no cheating. Some of these questions are from an MBA entrance test. There are 10 questions. Do not look at the answers found at the end of this document, that would be cheating. Write each of your answers down, it makes a difference. Good Luck!
IQ Quiz Questions
- Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
- If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
- I went to bed at eight 8 'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine 9 'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?
- Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?
- A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?
- If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?
- A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?
- Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have?
- How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?
- If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, What's the name of the driver?
IQ Test Answers
- All of them. Every month has at least 28 days.
- 1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o'clock, then another at 1.30 and the last at 2'clock, they will be taken in 1 hour.
- 1 hour. It is a wind-up alarm clock that cannot discriminate between a.m. and p.m.
- 70. Dividing by half is the same as multiplying by 2.
- 9 live sheep.
- The match.
- 2 apples.
- None. It was Noah, not Moses.
- You are the driver.
You can check your grading score by counting the number of correct answers out of 10.
Are you interested to read some general science questions with answers to increase your general knowledge among family and friends? If yes, then have a look at our general science question-answers series. It is a 4-part series of general science questions and answers.
- Everyday Science Questions Answered - Part 1 of 4
- Everyday Science Questions Answered - Part 2 of 4
- Everyday Science Questions Answered - Part 3 of 4
- Everyday Science Questions Answered - Part 4 of 4
Please forward this useful information to all your friends and family members especially those with kids as these questions are generally asked by kids to their parents.