Football Quiz Questions and Answers - Part 4
88. Which country has most often been a finalist in Asian Games Football?
89. Can you name the oldest Football Club of India?
Answer: Dalhousie Club, Calcutta (1878);
90. Where and when did the Durand Cup begin?
Answer: Shimla, 1888;
91. When did Durand Cup shifted from Shimla to Delhi?
92. Durand Football Cup has been named after whom?
Answer: Sir Mortimer Durand;
93. When did Calcutta’s famous I.F.A. Shield Tournament begin?
94. Who won it in its inaugural year?
Answer: Royal Irish Rifles;
95. When was the Rovers Cup Tournament first held and who won it in its inaugural year?
Answer: 1891, 1st Battalion Worcester Regiment;
96. What trophy is awarded to the winner of the Inter-University Football Tournament?
Answer: Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee Memorial Shield;
97. Who is the only Indian to have scored a hat-trick in the Olympics?
Answer: Neville D. Souza against Australia in 1956;
98. How many times has India qualified for the World Cup Football?
Answer: Once in 1950 from the Asian Group;
99. When and where did the Asian Youth Soccer tournament begin?
Answer: 1959, Kuala Lumper;
100. When did India win this tournament?
101. What is the age limit in this tournament?
Answer: Below 20 years;
102. During India’s first participation in the 1948 Olympics, who captained India?
Answer: Dr. T. Ao;
103. Who captained India when they won they won the Gold in the first Asiad?
Answer: Sailen Manna;
104. What trophy is awarded to the National Champions?
Answer: Santosh Trophy;
105. After whom is the Santosh Trophy named?
Answer: Sir Manmatha Roy Chaudhury of Santosh;
106. What trophy is awarded to the winners of the junior Nationals?
Answer: Dr. B.C. Roy Trophy;
107. To whom is the Kamala Nehru Trophy awarded?
Answer: Inter-Zone Women’s Football Champions;
108. Which famous junior (boys) tournament is held annually at Delhi?
Answer: Subroto Mukerjee Cup;
109. When did it first begin? After whom is it named?
Answer: 1960, Late Subroto Mukerjee was India’s Air Force Chief;
110. What does the word Merdeka mean as used in the Merdeka Football Tournament?
111. When did it first begin?
112. Who holds the record of scoring most goals in his club career?
Answer: Artur Freidenreich 1329 goals in Brazilian Football (1910-1930);
113. Who holds the record of scoring most goals in an international match?
Answer: 10, S. Nielson, Denmark vs. France (1908) and G. Fuchs, Germany vs. Russia (1912);
114. Who holds the record of most goals scored in European Cup matches?
Answer: 49, Alfredo di Stefano (Real Madrid);
115. When was the "Golden Boot Award" for Europe’s leading goalscorer first introduced and who won it first?
Answer: 1967-68, Eusebio (Benfica);
116. Who is the first footballer to win this award a second time?
Answer: Eusebio in 1972-73;
117. Which International goalkeeper did not allow a goal in for a record 1, 142 minutes of international play between September 1972 and June 1974?
Answer: Dino Zoff (Italy)