How to Tackle Failures in Life?
"Tackling failures in life" is really a big deal. It’s a bit hard to say unless you yourself are called as a failure. But Hey! We are not failures. In fact, no one is failure in life. Yes, you can compare failures as the necessary part of your life or better called as a necessary pause.
- Stop and think. If you recognize that you have failed to do a particular task for which you have been trying for years or months or days then just sit quietly in silent corner and think: was it really your fault or others? if you recognize that you have failed to do a particular task for which you have been trying for years or months or days then just sit quietly in silent corner and think: was it really your fault or others? >
- Be sure where to lay the blame. If the fault was others then don’t read this article further. But if the fault was yours then you have to think where you did the mistake.
- Put some serious thought into it. You will surely find the reason or the cause. If you can change the situation then don’t think further, just do it. But if the situation is out of control now then just don’t blame yourself, because you have lost the golden opportunity.
- Learn from your mistakes. Don’t just run from it. Make an attitude to tackle every stone thrown towards you.
- Start over. The thing which has gone, the moment you have lost, the time that you have wasted, just forget it. Start with a new wish, new dreams, new enthusiasm and, of course, with new lesson you learned from the great loss.
- Remember every man has his day. Your day will also come. Just start from now. If you have to achieve the best, you first have to do the best. Don’t run behind the success. Let the success run with you.
Failure is inevitable if we are to succeed in life. Unfortunately, many people do not know how to overcome failure, and they are stopped by it when they encounter one. The ability to overcome failure is one big difference between successful and mediocre people. After all, we should pass failure on the way to success, so it is the ability to pass it that makes the difference between those who eventually reach success and those who don’t.
1. Rise up and don’t regret; you have spent your time wisely
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
When we fail, we might be tempted to think that we have wasted our time and thus regret it. But that’s should not be the case. The fact that you have done something is much better than doing nothing. Many people who despise persons who fail never do anything themselves. Rise up and move on. The regret lies not in doing, but in not doing.
2. Understand that failure is there to bring you wisdom
"Good people are good because they’ve come to wisdom through failure." - William Saroyan
Failure is there not without a reason. It’s there to give you the wisdom you need to succeed. Each failure you encounter increases your wisdom and brings you one step closer to success. If you have this mind set, you will see failure differently. You will see each failure as an opportunity to learn.
3. Learn as much as possible from the failure
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
While failure brings you wisdom, how much wisdom you will get depends entirely on your ability to harvest it. So don’t waste the opportunity to learn; harvest wisdom as much as possible from the failure. If you fail to do this, you may waste a lot of time by repeating the same mistakes in the future.
4. Don’t give up; you may be only one step away from success
"Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison
The thought of giving up is tempting, especially when we have failed over and over again. But who knows that maybe you are only one step away from success? Will you waste the long journey you have passed when you are already so close to your destination?
So hold on tight and don’t give up. Thomas Edison failed thousands of times to perfect the light bulb. He knew what it means not to give up.
5. Maintain your enthusiasm
Not only you should keep on trying, you should also do it with the same level of enthusiasm as when you first began. Otherwise your subsequent effort will have less and less power.
So how do you maintain enthusiasm? One good way is by realizing that you are now one step closer to success thanks to the lessons you learn. There is no reason not to be enthusiastic when you are getting closer to success. Another way is to keep your mind on the destination, which brings us to the next point.
6. Keep dreaming big dreams
Always have your destination in mind; keep dreaming your big dreams. Spend time to visualize them and let the dreams energize you. Let them make you passionate and enthusiastic. Once you cease dreaming, soon you will also lose your energy and be back to mediocrity. To overcome all the obstacles you encounter you always need a greater why, and that why is provided by your dreams.
7. Keep your confidence in yourself
"Don’t be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis
Keep your confidence in yourself despite the failure. Of course, you need to put a lot of effort and learn as much as possible from the failure, but you have the ability to make your dream come true. Many people who achieve great undertakings have no special trait. They are just ordinary people with extraordinary attitude. Let us be one of them.