Manufacturing Industry - Quiz Questions and Answers
Here is a collection of 35 multiple-choice quiz questions related to manufacturing industries. The answers of these questions are given at the end of this page.
Manufacturing Industries Quiz Questions
Question 1: Where was the first cotton mill of India was established in 1857?
Question 2: Which coutry is the largest producer of Jute products?
- Sri Lanka
Question 3: Iron and Steel industry is a:
- an agro-based industry
- a chemical industry
- basic industry
- tertiary industry
Question 4: Durgapur is situated in which state
- Madhya Pradesh
- West Bengal
Question 5: Chemical industries are usually located near:
- iron and steel industries
- thermal power plants
- oil refineries
- automobile industries
Question 6: STP stands for:
- system tech park
- software technology park
- state technical park
- steel technology park
Question 7: NTPC has full form:
- national textile production corporation
- national technical power corporation
- national thermal power corporation
- national telecommunication processing company
Question 8: Atomic power plant causes
- water pollution
- noise pollution
- air pollution
- heat pollution
Question 9: Manufacturing industries includes:
- crop production
- fish production
- sugar production
Question 10: Which of the following is an appropriate definition for manufacturing?
- manufacturing of services.
- production of goods in large scale after processing of raw materials to make a valuable and useful product.
- production of goods out of natural materials.
- production of goods with services.
Question 11: Chose the right answer:
- agriculture and industry go hand by hand.
- agriculture and industry are never dependent on each other.
- industry has nothing to do with agriculture.
- both agriculture and industry fall under service sectors.
Question 12: Which of the following is a factor of factory location?
- political situation
- least cost
Question 13: How do we classify the industries on the basis of their raw materials?
- agro based and mineral based
- small scale and large scale
- basic and consumer industry
- primary and secondary.
Question 14: How do we classify the industries on the basis of ownership?
- government owned and individual owned
- small scale and large scale
- public, private, joint and co-operative
- primary, secondary and tertiary
Question 15: Which of the following is wrongly matched?
private sector: RIL
agro-based industry: sugar
- key industry: iron and steel industry: iron and steel >
- basic industry: sugar industry: sugar >
Question 16: Most of the sugar industry of Maharashtra are:
- private sector
- public sector
- co-operative sector
- joint sector
Question 17: Salem iron and steel plant is in which state?
- Tamil Nadu
Question 18: What is the full form of SAIL?
- Steel Authority of India Limited
- Steel and Iron Limited
- Steel Authority of India
- None of these
Question 19: Which of these is responsible for marketing of the products of public sector steel plants?
- Tata Steel
Question 20: Which of these countries is the largest producer of iron and steel?
Question 21: Which of the following regions in India have maximum concentration of iron and steel plants?
- Gujarat and Maharashtra
- Chhota Nagpur Plateau
- Deccan Plateau
- Northern states
Question 22: After iron and steel which is the second most important metallurgical industry in India?
- base metals
Question 23: Manufacturing industries include:
- Converting raw materials into ready to use goods
- transporting raw material
- producing raw material
- procuring raw material
Question 24: Choose odd one:
Question 25: Which is not a factor in deciding the location of an industry:
- none of these
Question 26: Which of the following does not affect the location of industries:
- per capita income
- raw material
Question 27: Rubber, tea, coffee are:
- basic industries
- heavy industries
- agro-based industries
- public sector industries
Question 28: Cement is:
- basic industry
- heavy industry
- light industry
- building industry
Question 29: Golden fiber is:
Question 30: Which of the following are two prime factors for location of aluminium industry?(i) Regular power supply
(ii) Assured source of raw material at minimum cost
(iii) Research and development facility
(iv) Cheap labour
- (i) and (ii)
- (ii) and (iii)
- (iii) and (iv)
- (i) and (iv)
Question 31: Which of the following is an organic chemical?
- sulphuric acid
Question 32: In which of these states is the Hazira fertilizer plant located?
Question 33: Which of the following state is the largest producer of cement?
Question 34: The main markets for Indian jute textile are:
- USA, Canada, Russia, United Arab Republic, UK, Australia
- USA, Pakistan, Brazil, Canada
- USA, Egypt, Japan
- Egypt, Japan, Bangladesh
Question 35: Which of the following industry is a seasonal-type industry?
- sugar industry
- jute industry
- cotton textile
- iron and steel
Industry Quiz Answers