Good Websites for Teachers
The internet has many useful education websites to help with lesson planning and teaching children to be Cyber-smart. Here is a collection of some of the very useful websites for teachers.
Useful Websites For Teachers
- Education Network Australia - Gateway to resources and services for education and training. This is a very comprehensive site for teachers, with relevant content for parents and students.
- Sofweb - Portal for education sites broken into sections for parents, student and teachers. Contains a collection of great links by subject area.
- Schoolworld - Global classroom for k-12. Really good resource section with links broken into subject areas for kids and teachers. School world is an American initiative, but this is the Australian site.
- Student Net - Major education portal with resources and links in subject areas divided into k-6 and 7-12. Users need to register.
- Achieve Online - Education portal with content for students and teachers, links and resources divided by subject areas.
- ABC Learning - ABC Learn Online is the ABC’s gateway to education sites with content in variety of subject areas and search feature.
- Encarta - Online encyclopedia of information.
- Questacon - Questacon is the national science and technology center. The site is divided into sections for kids, teens and teachers. Science resources, experiments, links sorted by science area.
- Science - Double Helix Club is part of the CSIRO web site for over 10 year olds. Contains Science information, a magazine, experiments, and a section for teachers.
- Sciencetriffic - Sciencetriffic is the CSIRO’s science site for under 10 year olds. Good list of links by science area with resources for teachers.
- Scholastic - Web site for Scholastic Publishing Company with a fun and education kids area called kid-zone.
- Internet & Computing - Contains best practice examples of how teachers are integrating internet and computer technologies into curriculum and teaching programs.
- ICT In Curriculum - ICT In Curriculum is a UK site. The purpose of the site is to promote and support the use of ICT within different subject areas.