Measures Announced for Education under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan?
A comprehensive initiative called PM e-VIDYA will be launched which unifies all efforts related to digital/online/on-air education.
This will enable multi-mode access to education and includes:
- DIKSHA (one nation-one digital platform) which will now become the nation‘s digital infrastructure for providing quality e-content in school education for all the states/UTs;
- TV (one class-one channel) where one dedicated channel per grade for each of the classes 1 to 12 will provide access to quality educational material;
- SWAYAM online courses in MOOCS format for school and higher education;
- IITPAL for IITJEE/NEET preparation;
- Air through Community radio and CBSE Shiksha Vani podcast;
- The study material for the differently-abled developed on Digitally Accessible Information System (DAISY) and in sign language on NIOS website/ YouTube.
This will benefit nearly 25 crore school-going children across the country.
- The Manodarpan initiative is being launched to provide such support through a website, a toll-free helpline, national directory of counselors, interactive chat platform, etc.
- This initiative will benefit all school-going children in the country, along with their parents, teachers, and the community of stakeholders in school education.
- The government is expanding e-learning in higher education by liberalizing open, distance, and online education regulatory framework.
- Top 100 universities will start online courses.
- Also, an online component in conventional Universities and ODL programs will also be raised from the present 20% to 40%.
- This will provide enhanced learning opportunities to nearly 7 crore students across different colleges and Universities.
- There is a need to promote critical thinking, creative and communication skills, along with experiential and joyful learning for the students focussing on learning outcomes.
- The curriculum must be rooted in the Indian ethos and integrated with global skill requirements.
- Therefore, it has been decided to prepare a new National Curriculum and Pedagogical Framework for school education, teacher education, and early childhood stage to prepare students and future teachers as per global benchmarks.
- A National Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission will be launched, for ensuring that every child in the country necessarily attains foundational literacy and numeracy in Grade 3 by 202 For this, teacher capacity building, a robust curricular framework, engaging learning material – both online and offline, learning outcomes and their measurement indices, assessment techniques, tracking of learning progress, etc. will be designed to take it forward in a systematic fashion.
- This mission will cover the learning needs of nearly 4 crore children in the age group of 3 to 11 years.