Crop Production and Management - MCQ with Answers
Fill in the blanks:
- ____ is used for sowing of seeds.
- Loosening the soil is also called _____.
- ____ is the second agricultural practice.
- _____ and ____ are used to add nutrients in the soil.
- Manures are the ___ substances.
- ____ is a weedicides.
- ____ is the economical method of irrigation.
- Leaving field uncultivated is called ______.
- _____ is used to separate seed from the chaff.
- Crops sown in the rainy season are called ______.
Answers: a. seed drill, b. tilling, c. sowing, d. manures and fertilizers, e. organic, f. metachlor, g. drip irrigation, h. fallow, i. thresher, j. rabi crops.
Write "True/False" for the following statements:
- Many plants are first grown in kindergartens and then sown in fields. (False)
- Seeds can only be sown by using seed drills. (False)
- Earth worms are farmer friendly. (True)
- Substances that kill pests are called weedicides. (False)
- Cutting and gathering of mature crops is called harvesting. (True)
- Process of beating grains to separate them crop plants is called winnowing. (False)
- Excess use of fertilization is not good for crops & soil. (True)
- Animals which provide us with eggs and flesh are called milch animals. (False)