Sachin Tendulkar Records - List of Records Held by Sachin Tendulkar
This page contains the list of world records held by the Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin Tendulkar is the cricketer who is born to break all records. It has been 21 years since Sachin Tendulkar stepped in to the International Cricket. Sachin has been breaking cricket records ever since his debut, and will surely break more records in the time to come. Sachin Tendulkar records list has been growing every year. Here is the full list of Sachin Tendulkar’s world records.
Sachin Tendulkar Records List
Here is a huge collection of records held by Sachin Tendulkar in his cricket career. Take a look at the records that Sachin Tendulkar has accumulated against his name since making his debut for India in 1989.
- Highest Run scorer in the ODI (One Day International)
- Most number of hundreds (41) in the ODI
- Most number of nineties in the ODI
- Most number of man of the matches (56) in the ODI’s
- Most number of man of the series (14) in ODI’s
- Best average for man of the matches in ODI’s
- First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
- First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
- He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
- Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup.
- Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
- Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup.
- He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
- Most number of Fifties (87) in ODI’s
- Appeared in maximum number of ODI’s 407
- He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
- Most number of 100’s in test’s 38
- He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so.
- He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest sporting honor.
- In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player.
- In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
- He was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli.
- Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts.
- In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire.
- Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
- Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI’s 7 times
- Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI’s most by any batsman.
- He is the highest earning cricketer in the world.
- He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
- Tendulkar most number man of match awards (10) against Australia.
- In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the "Greatest Sportsman" of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
- In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
- In December 2006, he was named ?Sports person of the Year?.
- The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
- Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket.
- Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket: 79 centuries. in was the first batsman history to score over 75 centuries international cricket: 79 centuries.>
- Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+ Twenty-20s), as of 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
- He is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara.
- Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly holds the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches.
- The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999.
- Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid.
- Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998. in centuries a calendar year: 9 odi 1998.>
- Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties) (as of 18th Nov, 2007).
- The only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and 15,000 run marks IN ODI.
- Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
- The score of 186 is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches.
- Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major cricketing nations.
- Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs.
- Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds. number of stadium appearances: 90 different grounds.>
- Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185 odi appearances: 185>
- On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world.
- When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century.
- Tendulkar’s record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record.
- Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side.
- Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations. He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten.
- Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs). Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs.
- He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
- On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara’s (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home.
- Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings.
- Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches.
- Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
- Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have appeared in more games than Tendulkar.
- Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches (144) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
- First to score 25,000 international runs.
- Tendulkar’s 25,016 runs in international cricket include 14,537 runs in ODI’s, 10,469 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
- On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
- Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wickets and more than 15000 runs in ODI.
- Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wickets and more than 11000 runs in Tests.
- Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket.
Career Statistics of Sachin Tendulkar (As on 21-04-2011)
Take a look at the numbers that Sachin Tendulkar has accumulated against his name since making his debut for India in 1989.
Tests - Batting
Tests – Bowling
ODIs – Batting
ODIs – Bowling
|Matches||Wickets||Average||Economy rate||Strike rate||Best bowling||4 wkts|
T20s – Batting (Includes IPL)
List of Records held by Sachin Tendulkar
You are most welcome to share the list of records held by Sachin Tendulkar with your friends on social networks like Google+, Facebook and Twitter. Please feel free to contribute more of Sachin Tendulkar Records in the form of comments below.