India Facts to make every Indian Proud
Who is the co-founder of Sun Microsystems?
Answer: Vinod Khosla
Who is the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90% of the today's computers run on it)?
Answer: Vinod Dham
Who is the third richest man on the world?
Answer: According to the latest report Lakshmi Niwas Mittal is the 3rd richest man in world in 2005.
Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail (Hotmail used to be world's no.1 web based email program)?
Answer: Sabeer Bhatia
Who is the president of AT&T Bell Labs (AT&T Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, Unix to name a few)?
Answer: Arun Netravalli
Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?
Answer: Rajiv Gupta
Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000, responsible to iron out all initial problems?
Answer: Sanjay Tejwrika
Who are the Chief Executives of CitiBank, Mckensey & Stanchart?
Answer: Victor Menezes, Rajat Gupta, and Rana Talwar.
*Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even faring better than the whites and the natives. There are 3.22 millions of Indians in USA (1.5% of population). YET,
- 38% of doctors in USA are Indians.
- 12% scientists in USA are Indians.
- 36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
- 34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
- 28% of IBM employees are Indians.
- 17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.
- 13% of XEROX employees are Indians.
Some of the following facts may be known to you. These facts were recently published in a German magazine, which deals with world history.
FACTS ABOUT INDIA IN WORLD HISTORY
- India never invaded any country in last 1000 years of history.
- India invented the Number system. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
- The world's first University was established in Takshila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects.The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
- According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
- Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty stricken and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth.
- The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word "Navigation" is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
- The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem.British scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayan's works dates to the 6th Century which is long before the European mathematicians.
- Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century; the largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.
- According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds to the world.
- USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion among academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor Jagdish Bose and not Marconi.
- The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
- Chess was invented in India.
- Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India.
- When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley
(Indus Valley Civilisation).
- The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.
Quotes About India
- We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.
- Albert Einstein.
- India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grand mother of tradition.
- Mark Twain.
- If there is one place on the face of earth where all dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India.
- French Scholar Romain Rolland.
- India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border.
- Hu Shih (Former Chinese ambassador to USA).
This list is based on the content of the title and/or content of the article displayed above which makes them more relevant and more likely to be of interest to you.
We're glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy, and all links are nofollow. Do not use keywords in the name field. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.comments powered by Disqus