List of Different Types of Doctors
There are different types of doctors and what they do depends on their field of specialty. This article contains the list of different types of doctors and their descriptions. There are many types of doctors and this list clearly explains various types of doctors and what they do.
Different Types of Doctors and What They Do
Here is a list of different types of doctors and their medical specialties.
- Psychiatrist - Deals with mental health
- Podiatrist - Foot doctor
- Optometrist - Eye doctor
- Dentist - Tooth doctor
- Urologist - Deals with bladder
- Obstetrician - Deals with pregnancy and birth
- Pediatrician - Child doctor
- Oncologist- Cancer doctor
- Neurologist - Deals with the problems of Brain and nerves
- Cardiologist - Heart doctor
- Nephrologist - Kidney doctor
- Rheumatologist - Deals with treatment of arthritis and other diseases of the joints, muscles and bones
- Dermatologist - Deals with skin problems
- Endocrinologist - Deals with the problems of thyroid and ductless glands
- Gastrologist - Deals with digestive system problems
Thanks for the information on different types of doctors and their medical specialties. You’ve made me learn that there are different types of doctors and what they do depends on their field of specialty.
Thank you for the helpful article. I knew there are many types of doctors but you’ve increased my general knowledge.
It is very useful information about different types of doctors. Thank you so much.
It is very useful for competitive examinations.
I want a list of doctors and their silent words. Can you please find out?
I thought the term was "Gastroenterologist" not "Gastrologist"
Ophthalmologist not Optometrist - They are different professions, the latter does not requires MD.
I am not a doctor yet but I am planning on being a doctor as cardiologist.
I would like to know what a rhematologist doctor is and his treatments!
This information was very useful.
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information. I would be more happy if you add some more types of doctors.
It was useful but why only 15 types of doctors? There are many other types of doctors too. I am looking forward to seeing a more enriched article.
An Optometrist is not even a doctor. They did not go to medical school so therefore they are not a medical doctor. An eye doctor is actually an Opthamologist. For people to call an optometrist an eye doctor is like calling a professional baseball player a little league outfielder. It is false to call an optometrist an eye doctor. Call any opthamologist an optometrist and you will definitely regret it.