Top 10 Largest Telecom Operators in World
This is a list of the largest telecom companies (operators) in world.
Largest Telecom Operators in World
- AT&T - the former SBC merged with AT&T creating the new AT&T (USA)
- China Mobile - formerly China state-owned, now still state-controlled, one of two mobile phone monopolies in the entire China.
- Vodafone - Britain’s largest telecom operator.
- Verizon Communications - US-based telecom company formed after a series of mergers.
- Telefonica - Multinational company with stakes in Spain, Latin America and Europe. Owns the O2 brand.
- Deutsche Telekom - German telecom company, also owns t-mobile.
- America Movil - Mexican operator controlled by the world’s richest man - Carlos Slim.
- NTT DoCoMo - One of Japan’s telecom operators.
- France Telecom - One of France’s telecom companies.
- Nippon Telegraph & Telephone - Japan’s second largest telecom operator.
World’s Largest Telecom Companies
We have revised the above list and came up with another list of 15 top telecom companies in world according to the number of subscribers as of February, 2010.
|1||China Mobile||522 Million|
|2||Vodafone Group||333 Million|
|5||Telenor Group||172 Million|
|6||Deutsche Telecom||151 Million|
|7||China Unicom||148 Million|
|9||France Telecom||133 Million|
|10||Bharti Airtel||125 Million|
|11||MTN Group||116 Million|
|12||Mobile Telesystems||102 Million|
|13||Reliance Communications||100 Million|
|14||Orascom Telecom||93 Million|
Update: The 10.3 billion dollar deal between Bharti Airtel (the largest telecom service provider in India) & Zain makes it to the top 5 in the world. Before this deal, Bharti was at 10th place among the top telecom companies (operators) in the world.If you feel that there is a correction required in this list of largest telecom companies (operators) then you are most welcome to share your thoughts in the form of comments below.