Benefits of Honey - Health Benefits of Honey
Honey is a sweet, thick sugary solution made by bees. The composition of honey consists of varying proportions of fructose, glucose, water, oil and special enzymes produced by bees. Glucose and fructose are types of sugar. The first step in making honey begins when field bees fly from flower to flower collecting the sweet juices or nectar that a flower provides. With their tongues, the field bees suck out the nectar and store it in sacs within their bodies. After filling their sacs with these sweet juices, the field bees fly back to their bee hive and regurgitate the stored nectar into the mouths of house bees.
These house bees are assigned the job of adding enzymes from their bodies to the nectar. The enzymes cause the water in the nectar to evaporate-thereby turning the nectar into honey. Lastly, the nectar is stored in a cell of a honeycomb. Overtime, the nectar ripens and becomes honey. From ages honey has been an essential part in the beauty regimes. Lets take a look at the benefits that honey has provided us.
Benefits of Honey
Honey has benefits that many people don’t know about. The benefits of honey go beyond its sweet taste. Its amazing medicinal effects, healing properties, and intelligence in body fat metabolism differentiate itself from all other forms of sugar and sweeteners. The health benefits of honey are simply awesome!
- Honey has anti-microbial properties and is known to treat minor irritations and sun burns.
- It is a good substance that should be used in moisturizers, creams and other beauty products as honey has the ability to retain water.
- One teaspoon of honey poured in a mug of water and if used for the last rinse will bring a shine to the hair. It will work wonders and make your hair soft and silky.
- It works well with alpha hydroxy acids - it helps soothe the skin against an abrasive treatment.
- Apply equal parts of honey and milk and leave for twenty minutes, you will notice a glow on your skin.
- Honey fights against any kind of skin damage and ageing as it has antioxidant properties.
- It also helps to fight against the damage caused by sun’s UV rays.
- Honey is one of the easiest foods to digest.
- Honey is used in many cough syrups because its smooth, thick texture soothes throats.
- As a result of honey’s unique ability to readily absorb air, it is often used as a moistening agent in baking.
- Honey comes in all types of colors and flavors. The color and flavor of honey depends on the how old the honey is and the kind of flower that the nectar was extracted from.