10 Bathroom Cleaning Tips
The bathroom should be regularly cleaned if only to keep germs under control. There are some cleaning chores that can be done on a somewhat longer schedule than the weekly cleaning.
- Take a look under the bathroom sink and you probably see a good collection of half used personal hygiene products. Go through each and every one of them and decide if they’re worth keeping. Some products like medicated shampoos and possibly suntan lotions are good to keep handy. That green strawberry mint flavored shampoo that promised that men would go wild but only gave you a rash could probably be tossed into the garbage.
- Take a look at how you store all the paper goods to the bathroom. Are they organized and easily snagged when needed? If not, maybe it’s time to give those boxes of facial tissue and rolls of toilet paper, a place of their own.
- Next up are the washcloths and towels. If you’re like most of us, we tend never to discard old towels. We end up with a pile of towels and actually only use the first one or two. If this sounds like you, take stock in how many towels and face cloths you actually need and send the rest to the rag box.
- If you’re cabinet has drawers, they’re probably filled with miscellaneous hair decorations, bands, pins etc. Go through them and anything not used in the last 2 years should be thrown out.
- Vacuum the inside of the vanity cabinet and drawers to remove hair and lose dirt. Heck, give them a good cleaning by getting one of those old washcloths damp with clear water.
- Wash the liquid soap container or soap dish. Come on, you know that thing is disgusting, especially if you have children.
- Use a vinegar solution or commercial product like CLR to remove bathroom scum and hard water deposits from bathtub or shower enclosures. Take down and wash any fabric shower curtains.
- Use a 10% bleach solution in a spray bottle to remove any mold buildup in the tub area.
- Check everything in the medicine cabinet and throw away any prescription or over-the-counter drugs that have passed their effective expiration date.
- Replace that disgusting toilet brush with a new one.
By following through on this quick list, you will find a lot a lot less cluttered bathroom.