How to Change Photo in Aadhar card?
Aadhar card is one of the most important government identity proofs as it contains both demographic as well as the bio-metric data of the card holder. However, there may be situations where a person may be required to update his details in Aadhar. There are two ways to update Aadhar, one through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other by visiting the Aadhar Enrolment Centre.
How to Change/Update Photo in Aadhar Card?
A person can get his details in Aadhar updated by visiting a nearby Aadhar Enrolment Centre. You can follow the steps mentioned below to change photo in your Aadhar card:
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhar Sewa Kendra
- Download the Aadhaar Enrolment Form from UIDAI’s website
- Fill the form with due diligence
- Submit your form to the executive and provide your bio-metric details
- Now the executive will take your live photograph
- You will have to provide bio-metrics to approve your details
- A fee of ₹ 25 + GST will have to be paid to get the details updated
- You will get an Acknowledgement slip containing the URN
- The Update Request Number (URN) can be used to check the update status
Download Updated Aadhar Card
- Once your request to change photo in Aadhar is processed, you can download the updated Aadhar card online.
- You have to visit the UIDAI Portal to download the updated Aadhar card
- You can choose to download a normal Aadhar card or masked Aadhar card
- You will also have to refresh your Aadhar details in the mAadhar app after update
- Aadhar data has to be updated in the DigiLocker app as well
Important Points Related to Aadhar Card Update
- No document is required for changing photo in Aadhar card
- You do not have to submit a photograph as the executive clicks the photograph on the spot using the webcam
- It may take up to 90 days to get the details updated in Aadhar
- You can check the update status online using the URN provided in the Acknowledgement Slip
- There is no online process to change photo in Aadhar card through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
Note: This information is taken from available online sources. The above process might change or get any corrections in time being. Check authenticity of above methods at any nearby Aadhar Enrolment Centers before you come to conclusion.