101 Motivational Quotes - Your Daily Dose of Motivation
By definition motivation means that which motivates, that which makes us take action towards our desired goals and which gives purpose and direction to those actions. Now we all know that very often we lose our motivation and we allow procrastination to dominate our life. With out our motivation we stop taking action and doing the things we really want to do, we stop achieving the things we really want to achieve and we stop believing we are capable of becoming who ever we want to be.
The secret to beating procrastination is that we need to keep motivated. Every day we must do something, anything that gets us motivated, whether it’s listening to your favourite song, going for that morning run or simply reading some quotes. Every day we must motivate ourselves because when we are motivated we have energy, we have ideas and we have dreams and we pursue those dreams with our unbounded faith that we will achieve them and more.
To help you stay motivated, we have compiled some of the best motivating quotes from famous speakers and historical figures. Read just a few each day and contemplate the meaning and philosophy behind each quote. Pick your favourites, the ones that resonate with in you and stir up a desire to get moving and take action. Write them down and place them where you can see them each day - at home, at work, in your car, in your wallet, in your purse, in your briefcase, anywhere and everywhere. That way at any time wherever you are and whatever you are doing you will always have your daily dose of motivation.
- The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going.
- Circumstance does not make the man; it reveals him to himself.
- The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.
- Your life is in your hands, to make of it what you choose.
- Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.
- I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?
- Issue a blanket pardon. Forgive everyone who has ever hurt you in any way. Forgiveness is a perfectly selfish act. It sets you free from the past.
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savoured.
- Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though chequered by failure, than to take rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke
- It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
- Fortune favours the brave.
- Ah, but a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for?
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing - that’s why we recommend it daily.
- Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire, which transcends everything.
- People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
Norman Vincent Peale
- Men are born to succeed, not fail.
Henry David Thoreau
- What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.
- Every human has four endowments- self-awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change.
- All the breaks you need in life wait within your imagination, Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind energy into accomplishment and wealth.
- There is just one life for each of us: our own.
- If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities.
- There is no such thing in anyone’s life as an unimportant day.
- All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.
- The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
- There are no accidents... there is only some purpose that we haven’t yet understood.
- They can because they think they can.
- There are those who dream and wish and there are those who dream and work.
Jeune E. McIntyre.
- No man is a failure who is enjoying life.
- Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive - the risk to be alive and express what we really are.
Don Miguel Ruiz
- Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.
- You and I are essentially infinite choice-makers. In every moment of our existence, we are in that field of all possibilities where we have access to an infinity of choices.
- You can have anything you want, if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.
- If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you’ll be unhappy for the rest of your life.
Abraham H. Maslow
- Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think.
- The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.
- Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world -- making the most of one’s best.
Harry Emerson Fosdick
- Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr
- The nearest way to glory is to strive to be what you wish to be thought to be.
- The man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away.
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- At least three times every day take a moment and ask yourself what is really important. Have the wisdom and the courage to build your life around your answer.
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
- Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
- There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life.
- Work as though you would live forever, and live as though you would die today.
- What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.
- Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no delay, no procrastination; never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
Earl of Chesterfield
- Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.
Pope John XXIII
- Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it’s when you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it.
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Everything that is happening at this moment is a result of the choices you’ve made in the past.
- Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.
- Successful people make money. It’s not that people who make money become successful, but that successful people attract money. They bring success to what they do.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- Victory belongs to the most persevering.
- Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.
- You will never possess what you are unwilling to pursue.
- He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
- I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.
- If you don’t risk anything, then you risk even more.
- It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
- No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.
- The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, nor to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is.
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
- Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Elliot
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
- It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, "I wish someone would come by and turn me on." What if they don’t show up? You’ve got to have a better plan for your life.
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
- Our strength grows out of our weakness.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.
- You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing that you think you cannot do.
- If a man does only what is required of him, he is a slave. If a man does more than is required of him, he is a free man.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
- The better part of happiness is to wish to be what you are.
- The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
- Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.
- The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
- Seize the moment of excited curiosity on any subject to solve your doubts; for if you let it pass, the desire may never return, and you may remain in ignorance.
- What you are is what you have been, and what you will be is what you do now.
- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
- The highest reward for man’s toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it.
- A day will never be anymore than what you make of it.
Josh S. Hinds
- Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought.
- If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- There are two rules for success: 1) Never tell everything you know. 2) Imply that you know more than you do.
Roger H. Lincoln
- You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideals and dreams.
You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don’t.
You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.