Important Current Affairs Questions & Answers of 2013
- Who scored fastest hundred in One Day International Cricket?
Answer: Corey Anderson (New Zealand)
- Who is the new President of Kenya?
Answer: Uhuru Kenyatta
- What is the full form of SAARC?
Answer: South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
- Which countries are members of SAARC?
Answer: Maldives, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Nepal. Afghanistan become the latest member of SAARC in 2007.
- What is the full form of ASEAN?
Answer: Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Which countries are members of ASEAN?
Answer: Brunei, Philippines, Lavos, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Singapore
- Who is the new PM (Premier of the People's Republic of China) of China?
Answer: Li Keqiang
- Who is the new Pope?
Answer: Pope Francis (born on 17 December 1936) is the 266th and current Pope of the Catholic Church, having been elected Bishop of Rome and absolute Sovereign of the Vatican City State.
- What is the name of India's first regional navigational satellite?
- Who scored fastest hundred on debut in test cricket?
Answer: Shikhar Dhawan
- Where is India's first all women post office inaugurated on women's day?
- What was the theme of 2013 World Water Day (22 March)?
Answer: Water Cooperation
- Which year is declared by UN as International Year of Water Cooperation?
- Who was the winner of Femina 2013 Miss India?
Answer: Navneet Kaur Dhillon
- Who was the winner of 2013 Saraswati Samman Award?
Answer: Sugathakumari (Manalezhuthu)
- Who was recently re-elected as IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) Director general?
Answer: Yukiya Amano
- Who is the new Prime Minister of Nepal?
Answer: Khil Raj Regmi
- Who was the first female Prime Minister of UK that recently passed away?
Answer: Margaret Thatcher
- Who is the new Prime Minister of North Korea?
Answer: Pak Pong-ju
- Who is the new President of Venezuela?
Answer: Nicolas Maduro
- Who is the new President of Bangladesh?
Answer: Abdul Hamid
- What is the theme of 2013 World Earth day (April 22)?
Answer: The face of climate change
- Who is the new Governor of Jammu and Kashmir?
Answer: Narinder Nath Vohra
- Who is the new president of ADB (Asian Development Bank)?
Answer: Takehiko Nakao
- Who is the new Prime Minister of Italy?
Answer: Enrico Letta
- Who is the First Woman Speaker of Bangladesh?
Answer: Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury
- Who is the new Controller and Auditor General of India?
Answer: Shashi Kant Sharma
- Who is the first Indian Amputee to scale Mount Everest?
Answer: Arunima Sinha is the first female amputee to climb Mount Everest. She is also the first Indian amputee to climb Mount Everest.
- Who is the first Pakistani Woman to climb Mount Everest?
Answer: Samina Baig is the first Pakistani woman and the third Pakistani to climb Mount Everest.