Health Benefits of Black Pepper
India has always been known for the best spices in the world, since time immemorial. Spices are considered the wealth of India for which Traders from far-flung corner of the earth explored the length and breadth of India. These spices were not only valuable for their aroma and taste, but the ancient new their medicinal benefit as well.
Benefits of Black Pepper
Many people are ignorant about the numerous health benefits of black pepper . It contains potent antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. It contains iron, potassium, manganese, vitamin C and fiber in large quantities. However, beside these, it does contain other nutritional components.
- Black pepper is known to improve digestion. Consume 5gm of black pepper powder mixed in a cup of buttermilk in case of digestive problems and intestinal infections. It treats these problems effectively as well as gives relief.
- Black Pepper helps stomach to produce hydrochloric acid which is needed to digest food. This prevents food staying in the stomach for a long time which ultimately causes flatulence and stomach irritations.
- In case of anorexia (loss of appetite), a decoction of black pepper taken helps solving the problem by stimulating the taste buds.
- In case of fever with chills, drink little warm water boiled with pepper seeds. It effectively reduces the high temperature.
- Chewing the seeds, gargling with warm water boiled with the seeds, relieves toothaches.
- A decoction of black pepper taken twice a day alleviates constipation.
- Sucking few pepper corns provides immediate relief from throat irritations and dry cough.
- A decoction of black pepper taken twice a day helps common cold and cough.
- It promotes proper urination and sweating that helps get rid of harmful toxins from the body.
- In case of minor cuts, sprinkle little black pepper powder on the area. It stops bleeding and its antibacterial properties promote immediate healing by killing the germs.