10 Benefits Of Laughter
Laughter dissolves tension, stress, anxiety, irritation, anger, grief, and depression. Like crying, laughter lowers inhibitions, allowing the release of pent-up emotions. After a hearty bout of laughter, you will experience a sense of well-being. Simply put, he who laughs, lasts. After all, if you can laugh at it, you can live with it. Remember, a person without a sense of humor is like a car without shock absorbers.
- Laughter is contagious. It not only makes people who laugh feel better but also those who laugh with them.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers, and produces a general sense of well-being.
- Laughter generally increases activity within the immune system. It also decreases stress hormones that constrict blood vessels and suppress immune activity.
- Laughter is the best medicine, perhaps against heart disease. A study found that people with heart disease were 40% less likely to laugh in a variety of situations compared to people of the same age without heart disease.
- Laughter is even equivalent to a small amount of exercise. It massages all the organs of the body, according to Dr. James Walsh.
- Laughter builds relationships. Laughter establishes or restores a positive emotional climate and a sense of connection between two people, who literally take pleasure in the company of each other.
- Laughter disarms tension and stress. Shy people can make use of laughter to break subtle barriers in the way they project themselves to connect to others and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas they otherwise would keep to themselves.
- Humor brings the balance we need to get through the turbulence of life comfortably.
- A sense of humor can help you accept the inevitable, rise to any challenge, handle the unexpected with ease, and come out of any difficulty smiling.
- Laughter adds spice to life; it is to live what cream is to a cake.