Educational Quotes - 129 Quotes about Education & Teaching
1. To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.
2. Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.
3. If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.
4. Be curious always! For knowledge will not acquire you: you must acquire it.
5. Not to know is bad; not to wish to know is worse.
6. The mind grows by what it feeds on.
7. If your eyes are sweet you will love the world. But, if your tongue is sweet, the world will love you.
8. We always feel bad that good things happened only to others but, we always forget that we are others for someone else.
9. Prayer is not a spare wheel, that you can pull out when you are in trouble. Use it as a steering wheel, that will keep u on the right path through out your life.
10. Every successful person has a painful story and every painful story has a successful ending. So, accept the pain and get ready for success.
11. If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
12. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
13. Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.
14. Only by going too far can one possibly find out how far one can go.
15. People only see what they are prepared to see.
16. Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you learn to succeed.
17. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
18. The tongue weighs practically nothing, but so few people can hold it.
19. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
20. God Gives every bird it's food, but he does not throw it into its nest.
21. Schools are fountain of knowledge; some students come to drink, some to sip and others just to gargle.
22. If you want real peace, don't talk to your friends, talk with your enemies.
23. The dream is not what you see in sleep, dream is which does not let you sleep.
24. Never explain yourself to anyone, because the person who likes you does not need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it.
25. Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.
26. If you start judging people you will be having no time to love them.
27. Winning doesn't always mean being first, winning means you're doing better than you've done before.
28. Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
29. In a day, when you don't come across any problems you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path.
30. Education is heart of Humanity, soul to mankind.
31. Whatever you are by nature, keep to it; never desert your line of talent. Be what nature intended you for and you will succeed.
32. When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his/her equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look at him/her and examine your own self.
33. If your success is not on your terms, if it looks good to the world but doesn't feel good in your heart, it is not success at all.
34. What's lasting is not what resists time, but what wisely changes with time.
35. Science is thinking empirically about reality.
36. Science is the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition.
37. Science is nothing but trained and organized common sense.
38. It is not wide readying but useful reading that tends to excellence.
39. You may glean knowledge by reading, but you must separate the chaff from the wheat by thing.
40. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
41. He who opens a school, closes a prison.
42. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
43. Education is what survives when what has been learnt is forgotten.
44. Education, like neurosis, begins at home.
45. Learn from the mistakes of others; you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
46. Experience is a good teacher, but she sends in terrific bills.
47. The greatest teacher is not experience; it is example.
48. Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it.
49. Pure springs make clear rivers
50. Precautions are useless after the crisis.
51. Everyone makes mistakes that's why pencils have erasers
52. Children are not care less but they are Cared Less.
53. Self-conscious youth will not only act, but will also dream; will not only destroy, but will also build.
54. Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading
55. Historians are like deaf people who go on answering questions that no one has asked them.
56. A difficult task takes more time to complete. But an impossible task takes only a little more.
57. It must be remembered that the purpose of education is not to fill the minds of students with facts, it is to teach them to think.
58. There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and a tired man who wants a book to read.
59. Never judge a book by its cover.
60. The best effect of any book is that it excites the reader to self-activity.
61. It is those books which a man possesses but does not read which constitute the most suspicious evidence against him.
62. The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
63. Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier.
64. A book is a garden carried in a pocket.
65. A dollar put into a book and a book mastered might change the whole course of a boy's life.
66. My education was the liberty I had to read indiscriminately and all the time, with my eyes hanging out.
67. Education has for its object, the formation of character.
68. Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person.
69. Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.
70. Education is the chief defence of a nation.
71. Every reader finds himself. The writer's work is merely a kind of optical instrument that makes it possible for the reader to discern what, without this book, he would perhaps never have seen in himself.
72. A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
73. Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
74. Education is not preparation for life, education is life itself.
75. If there is no filament in the bulb there is no light. If teacher is not in your life, there is no life.
76. Defeat the defeat before the defeat defeats you.
77. Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world's work, and the power to appreciate life.
78. A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown.
79. Knowledge is power, but enthusiasm pulls the switch.
80. To live effectively is to live with adequate information.
81. The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
82. It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well.
83. Educations purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
84. Kindness is greater than cleverness.
85. Education is the only way to achieve everything in one's life.
86. Ambition is not a vice of little people.
87. Knowledge is power.
88. Morality is religion in practice, religion is morality in principle.
89. It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well.
90. You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
91. Books are those faithful mirrors that reflect to our minds the minds of sages and heroes.
92. I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.
93. Intelligent decisions make the unknown become known.
94. No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
95. A little push in the right direction can make a big difference.
96. Learning is perishable commodity that needs vigilant updating.
97. Learning is a mental activity that keeps you young.
98. When the cat is away the mice will play.
99. Unity is strength, disruption is ruin.
100. Example is the best precept.
101. Kindness affects more than severity.
102. Greed often overreaches itself.
103. Obscurity often brings safety.
104. Words may be deeds.
105. One story is good, till another is told.
106. Greed often over reaches itself.
107. He laughs best that laughs last.
108. The gods help them that help themselves.
109. Better humble security than gilded danger.
110. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
111. Little friends may prove great friends.
112. Union is strength.
113. Plodding wins the race.
114. Self-help is the best help.
115. Birds of a feather flock together.
116. No arguments will give courage to the coward.
117. Pride goes before destruction.
118. To do the right thing at the right season is a great art.
119. To the selfish all are selfish.
120. Better one safe way than a hundred on which you cannot reckon.
121. Cunning often outwits itself.
122. Familiarity breeds contempt.
123. Counsel without help is useless.
124. Persuasion is better than Force.
125. Stoop to conquer.
126. Quality is better than quantity.
127. Education is more than filling a child with facts. It starts with posing questions
128. It is the responsibility of every adult to make sure that children hear what we have learned from the lessons of life and to hear over and over that we love them
129. You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself.
This list is based on the content of the title and/or content of the article displayed above which makes them more relevant and more likely to be of interest to you.
We're glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy, and all links are nofollow. Do not use keywords in the name field. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.comments powered by Disqus