Football Quiz Questions and Answers - Part 2
30. Who has been the youngest World Cup player?
Answer: Norman Whiteside (Northern Ireland) vs. Yugoslavia (1982), he was 17 years and 42 days old.
31. Who has scored the most goals in World Cup?
Answer: Gerd Muller (West Germany) has scored the most goals 14, in two World Cups (1970 and 1974); 10 in 1970 and 4 in 1974.
32. Who holds the record of most goals scored in a single World Cup competition?
Answer: 13, Just Fontaine (France) in 1958.
33. Has there ever been a World Cup final in which the teams have failed to score?
Answer: No, both the teams have always scored.
34. What is the highest score in a World Cup match (preliminary and final round inclusive)?
Answer: 13-0, New Zealand beat Fiji.
35. Who holds the record of scoring the fastest goal in a World Cup competition?
Answer: Bryan Robson in 27 seconds, England vs. France, 1982.
36. What is Pele’s real and full name?
Answer: Edson Arantesldo Nascimanto
37. Pele was a member of which famous Brazilian Club?
38. Which American club did Pele play for in his last playing days?
39. How many World Cups did Pele play in and how many goals did he score?
Answer: 3, 12 goals
40. What was Pele’s career record before he joined Cosmos?
Answer: 1216 goals from 1254 matches (All told he scored 1218 goals)
41. Who is nicknamed Kaiser Franz?
Answer: Franz Beckenbauer (West Germany), former captain and current coach
42. To which country do the following famous players belong: (a) Ferenc Puskas, (b) Alfredo di Stefano (c) Didi
Answer: (a) Hungary, (b) Argentina, (c) Brazil
43. Which country holds the World Cup currently?
44. Have they ever won earlier, if so when and where?
Answer: Yes, 1978 in Argentina
45. Which other countries have won the World Cup twice?
Answer: Uruguay (1930 and 1950) and West Germany (1954 and 1974)
46. Out of the six countries who have won the World Cup, which nation has won it just once?
Answer: England, in 1966.
47. Where was the 15th (1994) World Cup football scheduled to be held?
48. Who scored the last goal for Brazil in the 1970 final to give Brazil the right to keep the "Jules Rimet Trophy"?
Answer: Carlos Alberto
49. Where was the 1970 final played?
Answer: Aztec Stadium, Mexico City
50. Who was called the "Female Pele"?
Answer: Beverley Ranger (U.K.)
51. Who has scored most goals in a World Cup final?
Answer: Geoff Hurts (England) vs. West Germany in 1966.
52. Name the two players who have played 21 games in the World Cup - recording the most appearances in final tournaments?
Answer: Uwe Seeler (West Germany) and Wladysslaw Zinuda (Poland)
53. What is the highest score recorded in a first class match?
Answer: 36-0, the result of a Scottish Cup football match between Arbroath and Bon Accord which took place on 12 September 1885.
54. And what is the highest in an international game?
Answer: England beat Australia 17-0 in 1951.
55. What was unique about England’s goalkeeper Foulke?
Answer: At 6 feet 3 and 311 lbs, he has been the most massive football goalkeeper ever.
56. When were the first rules of the game of Football framed and where?
Answer: 1848, Cambridge, England.
57. When did the Football referees first use whistles?
58. The original F.A. Cup begun in 1871 was stolen in 1895. From where it was stolen? Was it replaced?
Answer: From a shop window in Birmingham. It was never found.