Be Good to Your Liver - Causes of Liver Damage
The liver is the largest single gland in the body. It is located on the right side of the abdomen under the lower ribs and just under the diaphragm which divides the chest from the abdomen. The liver performs a number of important functions in the body. When the liver is healthy it works very smoothly.
Causes of Liver Damage
Most of the foods we eat are stored in the liver, after having been digested and absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The liver has another very important function, that of detoxifying or destroying many harmful poisons and even certain medicines that are taken into the body for other purposes. When the liver is sick these functions are impaired and soon the whole body suffers. Not only does the liver store food materials, it also produces bile, a golden-yellowish liquid that is needed for the absorption of fat from the intestine. Another important substance produced in the liver is cholesterol, part of which passes into the bile. It may even form stones in the bile ducts and gall bladder under certain conditions.
The main causes of liver damage are:
- Sleeping too late and waking up too late are the main cause.
- Not urinating in the morning.
- Too much eating.
- Skipping breakfast.
- Consuming too much medication.
- Consuming too many preservatives, additives, food coloring, and artificial sweetener.
- Consuming unhealthy cooking oil. As much as possible reduce cooking oil use when frying, which includes even the best cooking oils like olive oil. Do not consume fried foods when you are tired, except if the body is very fit.
- Consuming overly done foods also add to the burden of liver. Veggies should be eaten raw or cooked 3-5 parts. Fried veggies should be finished in one sitting, do not store.
We should prevent this without necessarily spending more. We just have to adopt a good daily lifestyle and eating habits. Maintaining good eating habits and time condition are very important for our bodies to absorb and get rid of unnecessary chemicals according to "liver functioning schedule."
Liver Functioning Schedule
- Evening at 9 - 11 pm: is the time for eliminating unnecessary toxic chemicals (detoxification) from the antibody system (lymph nodes).This time duration should be spent by relaxing or listening to music. If during this time one is still in an unrelaxed state such as socializing, drinking, eating out, this will have a negative impact on health.
- Evening at 11 PM - 1 AM: is the detoxification process in the liver, and ideally, should be done in a deep sleep state.
- Early morning 1-3 AM: detoxification process in the gall, also ideally done in a deep sleep state.
- Early morning 3-5
AM:detoxification in the lungs. Therefore there will sometimes be a severe cough for cough sufferers during this time. Since the detoxification process had reached the respiratory tract, there is no need to take cough medicine so as not to interfere with toxin removal process.
- Morning 5-7 AM: detoxification in the colon, you should empty your bowel.
- Morning 7-9 AM: absorption of nutrients in the small intestine, you should be having breakfast at this time. Breakfast should be earlier, before 6:30 am, for those who are sick. Breakfast before 7:30 am is very beneficial to those wanting to stay fit. Those who always skip breakfast, they should change their habits, and it is still better to eat breakfast late until 9 - 10 am rather than no meal at all.
Sleeping so late and waking up too late will disrupt the process of removing unnecessary chemicals.
Aside from that, midnight to 4 am is the time when the bone marrow produces blood. Therefore, have a good sleep and don’t sleep late.