Current Affairs for IAS Exams - 18 March 2014
- Hinduja brothers emerged as 3rd richest family in Britain with combined wealth of 10 billion dollar.
- India has decided to file an appeal against the decision of the Italian court that barred India from encashing bank guarantees worth over 2,360 crore rupees of AgustaWestland as part of the penalties.
- France introduced driving restrictions in Paris to tackle dangerous pollution levels.
- The Russian President Vladimir Putin has informed the Parliament formally of Crimea’s request to join Russia, the first legislative step to absorbing the territory. Yesterday, Mr Putin signed an order recognising Crimea as a sovereign state.
- India nominated Rani-ki-Vav located in Patan, Gujarat and GHNP in HP for UNESCO