Effective Home Remedies for Losing Weight
Do you know obesity can risk your health? If you want to lose weight, you are not alone. Almost half of the Americans are trying to lose weight at any given time. You can reduce your weight by natural way. Here are some home remedies that are really very effective for losing weight.
Weight Loss Home Remedies
- Fruits and green vegetables are low-calorie foods, so overweight persons should use these more frequently.
- One should avoid intake of too much salt. You may not know but salt might be a factor for increasing the body weight.
- Milk products like cheese, butter should be avoided because these are rich in fat. Meat and non-vegetarian foods should also be avoided.
- Spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for loosing weight and can be used in a number of ways.
- Rice and potato which contain a lot of carbohydrates should be avoided among cereals wheat is good.
- Vegetables like bitter gourd (Karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful for loosing weight.
- Taking of honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body and puts it into circulation, which is utilized as energy for normal functions. One should start with small quantity of about 10 GMs. or a tablespoonful to be taken with hot water. It is good to take it in the early morning. A teaspoonful of fresh lemon juice may also be added.
- Fasting on honey and lime juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. In this mode of treatment, one teaspoonful of fresh honey should be mixed with a juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water. It can be taken several times in a day at regular intervals.
- Cabbage is considered to be an effective remedy for loosing weight. This vegetable inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction. It can be taken raw or cooked.
- Exercise is an important part of weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in the body as fat. In addition, it also relieves tension and tones up the muscles of the body. Walking is the best
exerciseto begin with and may be followed by running, swimming, rowing.
- Lime juice is excellent for weight reduction. Juice of a lime mixed in a glass of warm water and sweetened with honey should be taken every morning on an empty stomach.
- Measure the portions of your food every meal and make sure that the portions are small. For example, one portion of rice should not be more than the quantity which can fit in your fist. Smaller meals at a regular interval of 4 to 5 hours will keep your metabolism high and prevent your body from converting the food you intake into fat. You must also include regular exercise in your daily routine to help enhance weight reduction.