February 5 in World History
A collective list of must to know major events that happened on February 5th in the world history.
Major Events of February 5 in World History
- 2014 - Mario Cuomo, the Governor of New York has planned to announce executive action to loosen Marijuana laws. It also allowed the use of the drugs for medical purposes.
- 2013 - Michael Dell, the founder leads a consortium that announced plans to take Dell as private with a $24.4 billion which was the largest buyout seen since the recession.
- 2012 - Josefina Vazquez Mota is the first woman ever endorsed by a Major Mexican Party to run for President of Mexico.
- 2011 - The Protesters continued their 12th day of nationwide protests in Cairo in Tahir square, calling on President Hosni Mubarak to step down.
- 2010 - The Danish special force stormed a ship which was captured by Somalia pirates and fearing 25 crew members on board.
- 2006 - In the super bowl XL, the Steelers defeated the Seahawks by 21-10 runs.
- 1998 - The author tom Clancy confirmed that he has signed agreement to purchase Minnesota Vikings for slightly more than $200 million, which is an NFL franchise record.
- 1997 - Brook Lee from Hawaii has been crowned as 46th Miss USA.
- 1994 - Medgar Evers murdered Byron De La Beck. He has been sentenced to life, in Jackson for 30 years after the crime.
- 1992 - The jury selection has been started in the Los Angeles and the cops beating Rodney King case.