February 4 in World History
A collective list of must to know major events that happened on February 4th in the world history.
Major Events of February 4 in World History
- 2014 - Google and Microsoft reported that the National Security Agency ordered them to provide information on 10,000 accounts over a six months period in 2012 and 2013. Yahoo reported that they complied with government request for information on more than 40,000 accounts.
- 2013 - The officials at the Kremlin announced that in the year 2014, G8 summit will be held at Sochi, in its Southern Black Sea resort.
- 2012 - Florence Green who was the last known veteran from World War I, died in the United Kingdom at the age of 110.
- 2011 - Ayatollah Ali Khomeini, the supreme leader of Iran, commented that the 2011 Egyptian protests and Tunisian uprising are a result of Islamic awareness.
- 2010 - Yahoo sold Hot Jobs to Monsters.com for a reported $225 million.
- 1998 - A pie was thrown on to the face of Bill Gates, the richest person in the world.
- 1997 - Margret Albright, the secretary of US announced that she just discovered that her grandparents were Jewish.
- 1995 - Sandra Volker, the female European swimmer swims 50 m back stoke which was recorded about 27.77 seconds.
- 1994 - 20 people died in armed assault on mosque in Khartum in Sudan.
- 1991 - Martin Crowe and Andrew Jones set world record test partnership of 467 when they played Sri Lanka in Wellington in 1991. Crowe got out on the last ball of the match.