February 3 in World History
A collective list of must to know major events that happened on February 3rd in the world history.
Major Events of February 3 in World History
- 2014 - The 2011 abortion rate was reported to be the lowest in the last 30 years. The rate of 16.9 abortions per thousand women of child bearing age was 19.4 per thousand in 1981.
- 2013 - A power outage occurred during the Super bowl XLVII at New Orlean’s Super dome and the Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers by 34-31 runs.
- 2012 - The US unemployment rate drops to be 8.3% and it was the lowest in last three years after employers added 240,000 jobs in January.
- 2011 - The UN Food and Agricultural Organisation reported that world food prices have reached a higher record.
- 2010 - A North-Korean flagged cargo ship in south of Yemen was seized by the Somalian pirates.
- 2002 - New England beats St. Lewis Rams by 20-17 runs in Super Bowl XXXVI in Louisiana Super dome at New Orleans.
- 1998 - Bob Watson the general manager was replaced by the New York Yankees with Brain Cashman.
- 1997 - Howard Stern Radio show premieres to be in Detroit, Michigan on WKRK 97.1 FM radio.
- 1994 - Jean Claude Van Damme an actor who is 32 years old weds Darcy Lapier of 28 years in Bangkok.
- 1994 - Bill Clinton, the President of US lifts US trade embargo against Vietnam.
- 1966 - 1st soft landing on Moon (Soviet Luna 9)