Multiple Choice GK Questions with Answers - GK Test (Set 1)
Here is a collection of multiple-choice GK (general knowledge) questions for conducting a general knowledge quiz session. Every question has 4 choices for answer and you’ve to select the best possible answers out of them. The answers of these GK questions are given at the bottom. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below. Use the link on right side to spread word about this collection of general knowledge questions with answers among your friends.
Multiple Choice GK Questions
1. The seven sacred rivers of India are known as
2. Which is the longest Indian National Highway?
- NH 1
- NH 3
- NH 5
- NH 7
3. Name the place where the only rock-cut Jain Temple exists in South India.
4. Name the State where the only Ass Sanctuary in India is located.
- Madhya Pradesh
5. Name the Indian Union Territory which is having the largest percentage of literate population.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
6. Who painted Mona Lisa?
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Pablo Picasso
- Vincent Van Gogh
7. Who wrote Gita Rahasya, a commentary on Bhagwad Gita?
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Mahadev Govind Ranade
8. Which is the second largest peninsula in the world next to Arabia?
9. Which is the brightest plant in the Solar System?
10. Name the place where the national film archives of India is located.
- New Delhi
11. Asia's largest vaulted hall called the Bada Imambara is situated at
12. Air bubble in water shines because of the phenomenon of
- Total internal reflection
13. Among the Gupta monarchs who proclaimed himself as 'Maharajadhiraja'?
- Chandragupta I
- Chandragupta II
14. Which is the oldest Veda?
15. What are primary colours?
- Colours of the rainbow
- Colours in the spectrum of white light
- Colours which cannot be produced
- Colours found in nature
16. Which British Governor-General introduced Postage Stamps in India?
- Lord Dalhousie
- Lord Auckland
- Lord Canning
- Lord William Bentinck
17. What was Lord Mahavira's name before enlightenment?
18. The God of small things is a novel by which author?
- Satish Gujral
- Arundhati Roy
- Vikram Seth
- Salman Rushdie
19. Which of the following is covered under the original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court?
- Dispute relating to civil matters
- Dispute relating to criminal cases involving murder
- Disputes between two States of the Indian Union
- Disputes between two citizens from two different States
20. Zero based budgeting (ZBB) lays emphasis on
1. Unlimited deficit financing
2. Preparing new budget right from scratch
3. Preparing the budget neglecting history of expenditure
Choose the correct answer based on the above statements:
- 1, 2 & 3
- 1 & 3
- 2 & 3
- None of the above
21. Which of the following is India largest agro Industry?
22. Which is the most Labour intensive amongst the following?
- Iron & Steel
- Cotton textiles
23. Which of the following is not in the infrastructure sector?
- Power generation
- National highways
- Food production
24. Which city is referred to as the 'Silicon Valley of India'?
25. Limited liability means:
- The number of shares in the company is strictly limited.
- Shareholder is only liable for the debts of the company to the extent of the unpaid value of his shares.
- All shareholders have the same liability for the company's debts.
- Shareholder is only liable for the debts of the company limited to the profits.
This list is based on the content of the title and/or content of the article displayed above which makes them more relevant and more likely to be of interest to you.
We're glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy, and all links are nofollow. Do not use keywords in the name field. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.comments powered by Disqus