General Knowledge Quiz Questions with answers are creatively compiled to make your
kids learn about the world around them. Answers to these
general knowledge questions for kids are mentioned at the end of this post.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Kids
1. What is the name of dog that went into space first?
2. Who was the first lady prime minister in the world?
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike
- Mahinda Rajapakse
- Chandrika Kumarathunge
3. Who invented the first space rocket?
- James Watt
- Joseph Godard
4. Who was the first prime minister of Bangladesh?
- Abdul Kalam
- Raju menjar
- Kahram Rehkam
- Mejibur Rehman
5. Who invented The Internet?
- Tim Berners-Lee
- Bill Gates
- Charles Babbage
- Hewlett Packard
6. Dr. A.P.J.Adbul Kalam originally is a
- Aeronautical Engineer
7. India is ___ largest country?
8. How much percentage of water has covered the land
- None of These
9. Who conceptualized the carbon nano tube?
- Sumio Tijima
- Dr. Abbas Ali
- Richard Smalley
- Isac Newton
10. Who was the president of Interpol in year 2006?
- Sam Menakshew
- Barack Obama
- Jackie Selebi
- Donald Breadman
11. Who is the new chief minister of Karnataka?
- Dharam Singh
- Jennifer Hawkins
- Chris Carins
12. India’s first breeder neutron reactor was
13. What is the rhino’s horn made of?
14. Which is the only country that got independence in 15th August as India?
- South America
- South Africa
- South Korea
- North America
15. Who invented the calendar?
- Luwen Hock
- Robert Hook
- Pope Gregory XIII
16. Who was the first woman chief minister in India?
- Sarojini Naidu
- Sucheta Krupalani
- Sonia Gandhi
- Sushma Swaraj
17. Which is the largest flower in the world?
18. Who was the Hostage taker of the hostage crisis in the Philippines last August 23, 2010 that killed 8 Hong-Kong Chinese nationals?
- Senior Inspector Rolando Mendoza
- Gregorio Mendoza
- Joy Janiiola
- Denmark Baliling
19. Who is present chief election commissioner of India?
- Y.S. Sampath
- S.Y. Qurashi
- H.S. Brahma
- Naveen Chawla
20. Who was the first lady chief minister in Rajasthan?
- Indira Gandhi
- Prathibha Patil
- Vasundhara Raje
- Sonia Gandhi
21. Name the coin of Uruguay?
22. Who is the present governor of RBI?
- Y.V. Reddy
- Bimal Jalan
- Jagdish Bhagwati
23. Which is the largest planet?
Answers to General Knowledge Questions for Kids
The answers of general knowledge questions that are asked above are mentioned below.
- Laika. In 1957, Laika became the first animal launched into orbit, paving the way for human spaceflight.
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike, three times Prime Minister of Sri Lanka, was the first woman in the world to hold the office of prime minister.
- Professor Joseph Godard was the first to invent a rocket capable of entering Space. Prior to Godard’s work, Wernher von Braun invented the first rocket capable of delivering a war head. Braun’s rocket did not reach above the earth’s outer atmosphere and therefore cannot be considered a true "space rocket".
- Mejibur Rehman was the first prime minister of Bangladesh.
- Tim Berners-Lee is a British engineer and computer scientist and MIT professor credited with inventing the World Wide Web, making the first proposal for it in March 1989. On 25 December 1990, with the help of Robert Cailliau and a young student at CERN, he implemented the first successful communication between an HTTP client and server via the Internet.
- Dr. A.P.J. Adbul Kalam originally is an Aeronautical Engineer.
- India is 7th largest country.
- None of These
- Richard Smalley conceptualized the carbon nano tube.
- Jackie Selebi was the president of Interpol in year 2006.
- Dharam Singh is the new chief minister of Karnataka.
- India’s first breeder neutron reactor was Kamini.
- Rhino’s horn is made of hair.
- South Korea is the only country that got independence in 15th august as India.
- Pope Gregory XIII invented the calendar. Gregory XIII is best known for his reformation of the calendar, producing the Gregorian calendar with the aid of Jesuit priest/astronomer Christopher Clavius.
- Sucheta krupalani was the first woman chief minister of India.
- Rafflesia is the largest flower in the world.
- Senior inspector Rolando Mendoza was the Hostage taker of the hostage crisis in the Philippines last August 23, 2010 that killed 8 Hong Kong Chinese nationals.
- S. Y. Quraishi is present chief election commissioner of India.
- Vasundhara Raje was the first lady chief minister in Rajasthan.
- Biso is the coin of Uruguay.
- R.Ranganijan is the present governor of RBI.
- Jupiter is the largest planet.