Aptitude Questions and Answers
Aptitude questions and answers with explanation for interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Each aptitude question is answered and each answer comes with detailed description. These aptitude questions and answers with explanation can help you for interview, competitive examination and entrance test.
Aptitude Questions and Answers for Interviews
1. I come once in a day, twice in a hour thrice in a minute. Who am I?
Answer: Vowel Letters
2. If a monkey climbes 3 meters in 1 hour and slips back 2 meters. What the time taken to climb 20 meters?
Answer: 18 Minutes
3. Given that the cost price of 10 oranges is equal to the cost price of 1 kg of apples and the cost price of 12 apples is equal to the cost price of 1 kg of oranges. If the selling price of 15 oranges is equal to the selling price of 1 kg of apples, then the selling price of 1 kg of oranges is equal to selling price of how many apples? (Assume that all the apples are identical and this holds true for the oranges as well)
Answer: 8 Apples
4. A man covers 27 kms in 9 hrs and return home with a speed of 5 km/hr. What is his average speed for entire journey?
Answer: 4 Km/hr. If he covers 27 kms in 9 hrs, it means his speed is 3 km/hr. For return journey his speed is given as 5 km/hr. So average is (3+5)/2 = 4.
5. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?
6. The product (multiplication) of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?
7. What is next number in the series 3,4,6,9?
8. Find out a number. If it is divided by 2 reminder 1, if it is divided by 3 reminder 1, if it is divided by 4 reminder 1, if it is divided by 5 reminder 1, if it is divided by 6 reminder 1, if it is divided by 7 reminder 1, if it is divided by 8 reminder 1, if it is divided by 9 reminder 1, if it is divided by 10 reminder 1, and if it is divided by 11 reminder 0. It is greater then 100. Which is that number?
Answer: The LCM of 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 is 2520. Any number that is divisible by all the above numbers must be a multiplier of 2520. The smallest number divisible by 11 but yields a remainder of 1 if divided by 2520 is (2520*10)+1 = 25201, hence that is the answer.
9. You are driving a car. Number of the car is KA17-M8719. It leaves at 10.26 AM from Pune to Bangalore which is 264 km away at a speed of 95 km/hr. Car reaches Bangalore at 4:18 PM. Now tell me what is the date of birth of driver?
Answer: Since you are driving the car so it would be your present age.
10. Jason has 1 boy and 2 daughters (twins). The product of the ages of these children 72. The sum of their ages give the house number of Jason that is 14. Boy is elder of three. Can you tell the ages of all the three?
Answer: Boy is 8 years old and daughters are 3 year old each.
11. How to make 31 from five 3s?
Answer: There are many ways to make 31 from five 3’s. Some of them are mentioned below:
12. 9 examiners can examine a certain number of answer books in 12 days working 5 hours a day. For how many hours a day would 4 examiners have to work in order to examine twice the number of answer books in 30 days?
13. If 12+22=24, 23+8=6, 32+13=40, 73+16=144 then 36+2=?
14. Two planes take off at the same exact moment. They are flying across the Atlantic Ocean. One leaves New York and is flying to Paris at 800 km/hr. The other leaves Paris and is flying to New York at only 750 km/hr. Which one will be closer to Paris when they meet?
Answer: They would be at same distance since the distance to paris from their meeting point would be same for both planes.
15. Distance between two poles is 50 meters. A train goes by 48 at a speed of kmph. In one minute how many poles will be crossed by the train?
Answer: 17 poles per min. Explanation: 48kmph = 48000 meters per hr = 800 meters per min. Now, the distance between two poles is 50 meters. If in one minute he covers 800 metres, therefore he covered 800/15 = 16 parts. Hence no of poles are 17.
16. If a light flashes every 6 seconds, how many times will it flash in of an hour?
Answer: 450 Times. Explanation: If it flashes every 6 seconds, it means it would flash 10 times per minute and in 45 minutes, it would flash 450 times.
17. Find the odd one out from 5,6,11,22,42,88,176