Sports Quiz - General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. Former Australian captain Mark Taylor has had several nicknames over his playing career. Which of the following was not one of them?
- Helium Bat
2. Which was the 1st non Test playing country to beat India in an international match?
- Sri Lanka
- East Africa
3. Track and field star Carl Lewis won how many gold medals at the 1984 Olympic games?
4. Which county did Ravi Shastri play for?
5. Who was the first Indian to win the World Amateur Billiards title?
- Geet Sethi
- Wilson Jones
- Michael Ferreira
- Manoj Kothari
6. Who is the first Indian woman to win an Asian Games gold in 400m run?
- Kamaljit Sandhu
- Karnam Malleswari
7. Which two counties did Kapil Dev play?
- Northamptonshire & Worcestershire
- Northamptonshire & Warwickshire
- Nottinghamshire & Worcestershire
- Nottinghamshire & Warwickshire
8. When was Amateur Athletics Federation of India established?
9. Who did Stone Cold Steve Austin wrestle at the 1998 edition of "Over the Edge"?
- Cactus Jack
- Dude Love
- Mick Foley
10. Ricky Ponting is also known as what?
- The Rickster
11. How long are professional Golf Tour players allotted per shot?
- 45 seconds
- 25 seconds
- 1 minute
- 2 minutes
12. Which NBA player scored 8 points in the final 7 seconds of a game to lead his team to victory?
- Baron Davis
- Kevin Garnett
- Stephon Marbury
- Reggie Miller
13. In the match between India and Pakistan at Jaipur on 02-10-1983, Which new rule was introduced?
- Limit of overs was reduced to 50 overs
- The rule of field restriction was taken.
- Overthrow runs were batsman's score
- No-balls & wides were debited to bowlers analysis
14. The first hang gliders to be flown were flown in...?
15. Which two counties did Anil Kumble play for?
- Nottinghamshire & Lancashire
- Nottinghamshire & Leicestershire
- Northamptonshire & Leicestershire
- Northamptonshire & Lancashire
16. The nickname of Glenn McGrath is what?
- Ooh Ahh
- Big Bird
17. Mark Waugh is commonly called what?
18. India won its first Olympic hockey gold in...?
19. How many times did Geet Sethi win the IBSF World Billiards title?
20. In which year did Milkha Singh win the first National title in the 400 meter race?
21. Who won the 1993 "King of the Ring"?
- Owen Hart
- Bret Hart
22. What NHL goaltender has the most career wins?
- Grant Fuhr
- Patrick Roy
- Chris Osgood
- Mike Vernon
23. What Major League Baseball player holds the record for all-time career high batting average?
- Ty Cobb
- Larry Walker
- Jeff Bagwell
- Frank Thomas
24. Who among the following is not associated with billiards in India?
- Subash Agrawal
- Ashok Shandilya
- Manoj Kothari
- Mihir Sen
25. Which player has scored the most runs in a single Test innings?
- Graham Gooch
- Matthew Hayden
- Brian Lara
26. Who was the 1st ODI captain for India?
- Ajit Wadekar
- Bishen Singh Bedi
- Nawab Pataudi
- Vinoo Mankad
27. Where did India play its 1st one day international match?
- The Oval
28. India reached the final of the Davis Cup for the first time in...?
29. The Asian Games were held in Delhi for the first time in...?
30. What Australian player was known as 'Fruitfly' amongst the rest of the team?
- Geoff Lawson
- Merv Hughes
- Mike Veletta
- Mike Whitney
31. Which county did Mohammad Azharuddin play for?
32. The first hand glider was designed by...?
- Leonardo DaVinci
- The Wright brothers
- Francis Rogallo
33. Which county did Sunil Gavaskar play for?
34. The 'Dronacharya Award' is given to...?
- Sports Editors
35. In which Indian state did the game of Polo originate?
- West Bengal
36. What do African-American football players Ernie Davis, Archie Griffin, and Tony Dorsett have in common?
- They all played for Pittsburgh
- They all won the Heisman Trophy
- They all led to Super Bowl titles
- They dont have any similarity
37. Which cricketer died on the field in Bangladesh while playing for Abahani Club?
- Subhash Gupte
- Lala Amarnath
- Raman Lamba
38. Which of the following is a Manipuri version of Hockey?
- Khong Kangjei
- Hiyang Tanaba
- Yubi Lakpi
- None of above
39. Which county did Javagal Srinath sign for in 2003?
40. Which county did Sachin Tendulkar play for?
41. Who did Shawn Michaels beat to win his first Intercontinental Title?
- Bret Hart
- Marty Jannetty
- British Bulldog
- Tito Santana
42. Where did the 1st ODI match was played in India?
- New Delhi
43. Who had a torrid time with Lancashire in 2000?
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Nayan Mongia
- Javagal Srinath
- Saurav Ganguly
44. What is the name of the person that controls a football match?
45. Former Australian captain Allan Border was sometimes known as "Captain Grumpy". What was his other nickname?
- Captain Junior
46. The Indian football team made its first appearance at Olympics in...?
47. Who was the first captain of Indian Test team?
- Vijay Hazare
- C K Nayudu
- Lala Amarnath
- Vijay Merchant
48. Fenway Park is the home field of what Major League Baseball team?
- New York Yankees
- Chicago White Sox
- Montreal Expos
- Boston Red Sox
49. Pravin Amre and Vinod Kambli played for which province in South Africa?
- Griqualand West
50. Which football hero was nicknamed "The Sundance Kid"?
- Jim Kiick
- Troy Aikman
- Brett Favre
- Joe Montana