Mudra Miracles - Types and Benefits of Mudras for Healing
Do you know it is possible to reach a state of peace and harmony just with our hands? The positions of hands or mudras develop a very important role in the practice of yoga, so much so that they are known as producers of joy.
The explanation for this strange practice it is in the huge amount of nerve endings containing our fingers and that when pressed in a specific way, help us connect channels that allow energy circulating through the body. The good thing is that these exercises can be done anywhere and at any time of day. Simply spend a few minutes and put forward to reach a state of absolute relaxation.
1. GYAN MUDRA (MUDRA OF KNOWLEDGE)
How To Do Gyan Mudra?
Peacefully sit in a lotus posture and keep your hand on knee then touch thumb tip with your index finger tip and keep the remaining three fingers free like straight or close.
Benefits of Gyan Mudra:
- This gyan hand mudra helps to relax your mind and improves the ability to concentrate better.
- It keeps brain power sharp and smart.
- It can cure insomnia (inability to sleep)
- Regular practice can keep you stress relief and depression.
2. VAYU MUDRA (MUDRA OF AIR)
How To Do Vayu Mudra?
Fold Your index finger towards palm show like above image and the press with the base of thumb. And rest of the three fingers keep extend as much as possible.
Benefits of Vayu Mudra:
- This yoga mudra eliminates excessive gas from your body
- It can gives relief in problems associated with the air element such as: Flatulence, constipation, cervical spondylitis, arthritis etc.
3. PRITHVI MUDRA (MUDRA OF EARTH)
How To Do Prithvi Mudra?
First of all you touch the tip of your ring finger with tip of thumb and then pressing the both fingers with each other then kept the remaining fingers extended out.
Benefits of Prithvi Mudra:
- This mudra gesture balances the element Earth in your body.
- It improves body weight, blood circulation, digestive power and vitamin deficiency associated problems.
4. AGNI MUDRA (MUDRA OF FIRE)
How To Do Agni Mudra?
This mudra is related to fire element in your body. Close the ring finger towards palm and press second phalanx with thumb base and rest of the fingers keep extend out side like straight. Do it on early morning with empty stomach for best results. Who are suffering from acidity don't do this Agni mudra.
Benefits of Agni Mudra:
- It helps to reduce the levels of Cholesterol in the body, reduces fats, improves metabolism and boosts the immune system.
5. JAL MUDRA (VARUNA MUDRA/ MUDRA OF WATER)
How To Do Jal Mudra?
This is very simple to follow and basic yoga mudra also. Simply touch the little finger tip with tip of thumb and don't press the fingers and then keep rest of the fingers straight like shown above picture. The preferable position is sitting with cross-legged.
Benefits of Jal Mudra:
- It improves blood circulation, reduces body aches.
- It helps in bringing back taste sensations and helps in reducing dryness of mouth.
6. SHUNYA MUDRA (MUDRA OF EMPTINESS)
How To Do Shunya Mudra?
First phalanx of your middle finger should be pressed with thumb base.
Benefits of Shunya Mudra:
- It is helpful in ENT (Ear, Nose,Tongue) problems, vertigo and motion sickness.
7. PRANA MUDRA (HEALING MUDRA OF LIFE)
How To Do Prana Mudra?
First you bend your little finger and ring finger then touch these two fingers tips to tip of thumb.
Benefits of Prana Mudra:
- It makes you feel more energetic and helps boost the body's immunity, too.
- This can prevent tiredness
- Cure the eye problems and increase eye power.