Home Remedies for Curing Common Health Problems
Here is a collection of some home remedies for curing most of the common health problems.
Mix a gram of cinnamon powder with a teaspoon of honey to cure cold. Prepare a cup of tea to which you should add ginger, clove, bay leaf and black pepper. This should be consumed twice a day. Reduce the intake as the cold disappears.
GINGER FOR COLDS:
Ginger tea is very good to cure cold. Preparation of tea: cut ginger into small pieces and boil it with water, boil it a few times and then add sugar to sweeten and milk to taste, and drink it hot.
Add a gram of Turmeric(Haldi) powder to a teaspoonful of Honey for curing dry cough. Also, chew a Cardamom for a long time.
For blocked nose or to relieve congestion, take one tablespoon of crushed carom seeds (ajwain), tie it in a cloth and inhale it.
Add a teaspoon of cumin seeds (jeera) and a few small pieces of dry ginger to a glass of boiling water. Simmer it for a few minutes, and then let it cool. Drink it twice daily. This will cure cold as well as sore throat.
AJWAIN/AJMO FOR ASTHMA:
Boil Ajwain (Ajmo) in water and inhale the steam.
CURE FOR BACKACHE:
Rub ginger paste on the backache to get relief.
GARLIC FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:
Have 1-2 pods of Garlic (Lehsun) first thing in the morning with water.
HONEY AND GINGER FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:
Mix 1 tablespoon and 1 tablespoon of Ginger(Adrak) juice, 1 tablespoon of crushed cumin seeds(Jeera), and have it twice daily.
For the cure of migraine or acute cold in the head; boil a tablespoon of pepper powder, and a pinch of turmeric in a cup of milk, and have it daily for a few couple of days.
BITTER GOURD (KARELA) FOR BLOOD SUGAR CONTROL:
A tablespoon of amla juice mixed with a cup of fresh Bitter Gourd (Karela) juice and taken daily for 2 months reduces blood sugar.
CURE FOR INJURIES:
For any cut or wound, apply turmeric powder to the injured portion to stop the bleeding. It also works as an antiseptic. You can tie a bandage after applying turmeric (Haldi).
You must do a self-massage using mustard oil every morning. Just take a little oil between your palms and rub it all over your body. Then take a shower. This is especially beneficial during winter. You could also mix a little mustard powder with water to make a paste and apply this on your palms and soles of your feet.
- If you have a regular migraine problem, include five almonds along with hot milk in your daily diet. You could also have a gram of black pepper along with honey or milk, twice or thrice a day. Make an almond paste by rubbing wet almonds against a stone. This can be applied to the forehead.
- Eat an apple with a little salt on an empty stomach every day and see its wonderful effects. When a headache is caused by cold winds, cinnamon works best in curing headache. Make a paste of cinnamon by mixing in water and apply it all over your forehead.
TURMERIC FOR ARTHRITIS:
Turmeric can be used in treating arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory property. Turmeric can be taken as a drink other than adding to dishes to help prevent all problems. Use one teaspoon of turmeric powder per cup of warm milk every day.
It is also used as a paste for local action.
TURMERIC FOR THE HEART:
Turmeric lower cholesterol and by preventing the formation of the internal blood clots improves circulation and prevents heart disease and stroke. Turmeric can be taken as a drink other than adding to dishes to help prevent all problems. Use one teaspoon of turmeric powder per cup of warm milk every day. It is also used as a paste for local action.
TURMERIC FOR INDIGESTION:
Turmeric can be used to relieve digestive problems like ulcers, dysentery. Turmeric can be taken as a drink other than adding to dishes to help prevent all problems. Use one teaspoon of turmeric powder per cup of warm milk every day. It is also used as a paste for local action.
HONEY IS A GOOD CURE FOR ALL DISEASES:
Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of Cinnamon powder and have it at night.
Take a warm slice of lemon and sprinkle salt, sugar and black pepper on it. The lemon should be eaten until the hiccups stop.
HIGH BLOOD CHOLESTEROL:
In 1 glass of water, add 2 tablespoons of coriander (dhania) seeds and bring to a boil. Let the decoction cool for some time and then strain. Drink this mixture two times in a day. Sunflower seeds are extremely beneficial, as they contain linoleic acid that helps in reducing the cholesterol deposits on the walls of arteries.
Radish juice should be taken twice a day, once in the morning and then later in the night. Soak 3-4 figs in a glass of water. Keep it overnight. Consume the figs on an empty stomach, the next day in the morning
- Take 2 cardamoms (
elaichi) and roast them in a dry pan. Powder the cardamoms and thereafter add one teaspoon of honey in it. Consume it frequently. It serves as a fabulous home remedy for vomiting.
- In the mixture of 1 teaspoon of mint juice and 1 teaspoon of lime juice, add 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink this mixture to prevent vomiting.
- Lime juice is an effective remedy for vomiting. Take a glass of chilled lime juice and sip slowly. To prevent vomiting, drink ginger tea.
- In 1 glass water, add some honey and drink sip by sip.
- Apply castor oil daily over the problematic area. Continue for several months.
- Apply milky juice of fresh and barely-ripe figs a number of times a day. Continue for two weeks.
- Rub cut raw potatoes on the affected area several times daily. Continue for at least two weeks.
- Rub cut onions on warts to stimulate the circulation of blood.
- Apply milk from the cut end of dandelion over the warts 2-3 times a day.
- Apply oil extracted from the shell of the cashew nut over warts.
- Apply Papaya juice
- Apply Pineapple juice.
URINARY TRACT INFECTION:
Drink Cranberry juice. You can also add some apple juice for taste.
- Mango serves as an effective home remedy for preventing the frequent attacks of sinus, as it is packed with loads of vitamin A.
- Another beneficial remedy consists of consuming pungent foods like onion and garlic, as a part of your daily meals.
- Fenugreek (Methi) leaves are considered valuable in curing sinusitis. In 250 ml water, boil 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds and reduce it to half. This will help you to perspire, dispel toxicity and reduce the fever period.
- Tie a teaspoon of black cumin seeds in a thin cotton cloth and inhale.
- Take 1 fresh lemon and squeeze it in 1 glass of water (about 8 oz.). Add 4 teaspoonful of honey and fractional of a teaspoon of salt in it. Drink it slowly sip by sip.
- Milk has proved beneficial in treating tonsillitis. In 1 glass of pure boiled milk, add a pinch of turmeric powder and pepper powder. Drink it every night for about 3 days.