Transport and Travel - Quiz Qustions & Answers
- Who would ride in the following?
- (a) Who were the first men to fly in a balloon?
(b) Who were the first men to fly in a powered aircraft?
- Which Hindu God’s name is now used to describe a large heavy lorry?
- What form of transport was developed by Igor Sikorsky?
- Who designed the
(a) first Motor-Bicycle
(b) built the first Petrol Engine Car
- What type of surf-boat used off the coast of Madras, South India, has become popular today as a sailing craft?
- Name the two famous ships in
(a) R. L. Stevenson’s “Treasure Island”
(b) Admiral Nelson’s “Flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar”
- Which mammoth White Star liner collided with an iceberg and sank on her maiden voyage to New York?
- (a) By whom and when was the steam engine invested?
(b) Where was the first under
- (a) How did the “Jeep” get its name?
(b) What is a “Moped”?
- When was the first supersonic flight flown?
- (a) When and where did the first hot-air balloon flight take place?
(b) When did the first Concord flight take place?
- Where is the world’s longest Rail-Line?
- (a) Who first flew solo across the Atlantic, in which year?
(b) Who first sailed alone around the world?
- (a) In which year did the famous “Orient Express” make its last run?
(b) Through which seven countries did it run?
- Which Venetian merchant and traveler wrote the earliest first-hand account of Asia by a European?
- Who was the first to travel in space?
- What is common to
- (a) What is the name of the two-wheeled conveyance popular in South-East Asia?
(b) How did wealthy ladies in India travel in the past?
- (a) Who was the first man to use a parachute?
(b) With who is the “Gypsy Moth” associated?
- (a) An Eskimo
(b) An Arabian
(c) A Venetian
(d) A Chinese
- (a) The Montgolfier brothers
(b) Wright brothers, Orville Wright and Wilfred Wright
- Juggernaut, from the name Lord Jagannath
- The helicopter
- Both were the works of Gottlieb Daimler
- The catamaran
- (a) Hispaniola
(b) H.M.S. Victory
- The Titanic
- (a) The Scottish instrument-maker James Watt, invented the Steam Engine in 1765.
(b) London (Paddington-Farringdon Street)
- (a) From “G.P., initials for General Purpose Vehicle
(b) A cross between a bike and a motorcycle. It has a motor and pedals.
- On October 14, 1947, Captain Charles Yeager of the U.S. Air Force Flew a rocket-propelled research aircraft, 42,000 ft. over Edwards Air Force Base, California, at a speed of Mach 1.015 (about 670 mph).
- (a) At Philadelphia, U. S., in 1793
(b) The Anglo – French Concorde Passenger Service started on January 21, 1976.
- The Trans-Siberian rail-road in Russia which stretches 5,864 miles from Moscow to the Pacific Ocean and takes over 8 days to travel.
- (a) Charles Lindberg flew alone across the Atlantic Ocean to Paris, a distance of about 3,610 miles, in 1927.
(b) In 1895, Captain Joshua Slocum of America set off on his solo trip around the world.
- (a) Its last run began on September 2, 1939, the day before the World War II broke out.
(b) Turkey, Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria, Germany, France, London.
- Marco Polo
- Yuri Gagarin
- All are sailing boats
- (a) Rickshaw
(b) in Palanquins
- (a)Andr-Jacques Garnerin in 1797 in Paris
(b) Sir Francis Chichester
This article has been viewed 22239 times so far.
Would you like to be notified when new articles are added to our knowledge base? Subscribe to our RSS feed and get instant notifications when new articles are added to the knowledge base.
Here to View all the questions in Quiz
|There are no files attached to this question/article.
| User Comments
|There are no user comments for this question. Be the first to post a comment.
| Related Questions
- Common Sense Test - Part 10 of Common Sense Quiz
- Young World Quiz Questions with Answers
- Human Body Quiz - Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
- Common Sense Test Quiz - Part 6 of Common Sense Quiz Test
- Common Sense Test Questions - Part 27 of General Knowledge Quiz
- Mountains, Volcanoes & Deserts - Quiz Questions with Answers
- National Flags, Anthems and Emblems - Quiz Questions with Answers
- Cricket Quiz Trivia - Cricket Quiz Questions with Answers
- Football Quiz Questions and Answers - Part 4
- India History Quiz (Part 2) - General Knowledge of Indian History