Did You Know Facts - Collection of 50 Did You Know Facts
- Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.
- The volume of the Earth’s moon is the same as the volume of the Pacific Ocean.
- The first song played on Virgin Radio was Born to be wild by INXS.
- A person will burn 7 percent more calories if they walk on hard dirt compared to pavement.
- Polar bear fur is not white, it’s clear.
- Yahoo! was originally called "Jerry’s Guide to the World Wide Web".
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- How does a shark find fish? It can hear their hearts beating.
- In Ancient Greece, if a woman watched even one Olympic event, she was executed.
- Eighty percent of Americans will be the victim of violent crime at least once in their lifetime.
- During the Gold Rush in 1849, some people paid as much as $100 for a glass of water.
- C3PO is the first character to speak in Star Wars.
- The state sport of Maryland is Jousting.
- The first patented condom was meant to be reused.
- King Kong was Adolf Hitler’s favorite movie.
- A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 miles per hour.
- Justin Timberlake’s half-eaten french toast sold for over $3,000 on eBay.
- An egg will float if placed in water in which sugar has been added.
- 7,000 new insect species are discovered every year.
- More steel in the United States is used to make bottle caps than to manufacture automobile bodies.
- The Yo-Yo originated as a weapon in the Philippine Islands during the sixteenth century.
- Dolphins nap with one eye open.
- The Atlantic Ocean is saltier than the Pacific Ocean.
- Out of all the senses, smell is most closely linked to memory.
- If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion!
- In the year 2000, Pope John Paul II was named an "Honorary Harlem Globetrotter."!
- Your skeleton keeps growing until you are about 35, then you start to shrink.
- About 10% of Jewish households have Christmas Trees.
- Frozen lobsters can come back to life when thawed!
- Each 5 mph (miles-per-hour) you drive over 60 mph is like paying an additional $.10 a gallon for gas!
- The banana tree cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
- The lens of the eye continues to grow throughout a person’s life.
- Tasmania is said to have the cleanest air in the world.
- The city of Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms in the world.
- Research indicates that babies who suck on pacifiers are more prone to ear aches.
- Nearly 10% of American households dress their pets in Halloween costumes.
- World’s heaviest primates: morbidly obese humans. After that: gorillas at 485 lbs. ’s heaviest primates: morbidly obese humans. after that: gorillas at 485 lbs. >
- A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night!
- Eskimos don’t gamble.
- A moth has no stomach.
- A Russian man who wore a beard during the time of Peter the Great had to pay a special tax.
- Identical twins do not have identical fingerprints.
- In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons!
- Only 1% of bacteria cause disease.
- In one day, a full grown redwood tree expels more than 2 tons of water through its leaves.
- A person produces about half a liter of farts a day.
- Arthur Conan Doyle, author of the Sherlock Holmes stories, was an ophthalmologist by profession!
- When a giraffe’s baby is born it falls from a height of six feet, normally without being hurt.
- The average housefly weighs 10 to 15 millionths of a pound.
- Contrary to popular belief, lightning travels from the ground upwards not from the sky downwards.
Article ID: 891
Created: Fri, May 14, 2010
Last Updated: Tue, Jul 19, 2016
Online URL: https://www.knowledgepublisher.com/article/891/did-you-know-facts-collection-of-50-did-you-know-facts.html