1. Former Australian captain Mark Taylor has had several nicknames over his playing career. Which of the following was not one of them?
2. Which was the 1st non Test playing country to beat India in an international match?
3. Track and field star Carl Lewis won how many gold medals at the 1984 Olympic games?
4. Which county did Ravi Shastri play for?
5. Who was the first Indian to win the World Amateur Billiards title?
6. Who is the first Indian woman to win an Asian Games gold in 400m run?
7. Which two counties did Kapil Dev play?
8. When was Amateur Athletics Federation of India established?
9. Who did Stone Cold Steve Austin wrestle at the 1998 edition of "Over the Edge"?
10. Ricky Ponting is also known as what?
11. How long are professional Golf Tour players allotted per shot?
12. Which NBA player scored 8 points in the final 7 seconds of a game to lead his team to victory?
13. In the match between India and Pakistan at Jaipur on 02-10-1983, Which new rule was introduced?
14. The first hang gliders to be flown were flown in...?
15. Which two counties did Anil Kumble play for?
16. The nickname of Glenn McGrath is what?
17. Mark Waugh is commonly called what?
18. India won its first Olympic hockey gold in...?
19. How many times did Geet Sethi win the IBSF World Billiards title?
20. In which year did Milkha Singh win the first National title in the 400 meter race?
21. Who won the 1993 "King of the Ring"?
22. What NHL goaltender has the most career wins?
23. What Major League Baseball player holds the record for all-time career high batting average?
24. Who among the following is not associated with billiards in India?
25. Which player has scored the most runs in a single Test innings?
26. Who was the 1st ODI captain for India?
27. Where did India play its 1st one day international match?
28. India reached the final of the Davis Cup for the first time in...?
29. The Asian Games were held in Delhi for the first time in...?
30. What Australian player was known as 'Fruitfly' amongst the rest of the team?
31. Which county did Mohammad Azharuddin play for?
32. The first hand glider was designed by...?
33. Which county did Sunil Gavaskar play for?
34. The 'Dronacharya Award' is given to...?
35. In which Indian state did the game of Polo originate?
36. What do African-American football players Ernie Davis, Archie Griffin, and Tony Dorsett have in common?
37. Which cricketer died on the field in Bangladesh while playing for Abahani Club?
38. Which of the following is a Manipuri version of Hockey?
39. Which county did Javagal Srinath sign for in 2003?
40. Which county did Sachin Tendulkar play for?
41. Who did Shawn Michaels beat to win his first Intercontinental Title?
42. Where did the 1st ODI match was played in India?
43. Who had a torrid time with Lancashire in 2000?
44. What is the name of the person that controls a football match?
45. Former Australian captain Allan Border was sometimes known as "Captain Grumpy". What was his other nickname?
46. The Indian football team made its first appearance at Olympics in...?
47. Who was the first captain of Indian Test team?
48. Fenway Park is the home field of what Major League Baseball team?
49. Pravin Amre and Vinod Kambli played for which province in South Africa?
50. Which football hero was nicknamed "The Sundance Kid"?
Article ID: 1396
Created: Wed, Sep 11, 2019
Last Updated: Wed, Sep 11, 2019
Online URL: https://www.knowledgepublisher.com/article/1396/sports-quiz-general-knowledge-questions-and-answers.html