How to Change IMEI Number of Android Phone Without Rooting?
The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) is a number, usually unique, to identify 3GPP (i.e., GSM, UMTS, and LTE) and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones. It is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone, but can also be displayed on-screen on most phones by entering *#06# on the dial pad, or alongside other system information in the settings menu on Smartphone operating systems.
The IMEI number is used by a GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing that network. The IMEI is only used for identifying the device and has no permanent or semi-permanent relation to the subscriber. Instead, the subscriber is identified by transmission of an IMSI number, which is stored on a SIM card that can (in theory) be transferred to any handset.
However, many network and security features are enabled by knowing the current device being used by a subscriber. The 15-digit IMEI number indicates the origin and model of the device. The first eight digits indicate the device’s origin and its model while the last six digits identify the manufacturer of the device. If you subscribe to a mobile tracking service, you can use the IMEI number to track the device even it uses a different SIM card.
But, one question many of us get in our minds is that if we can change the IMEI number of a particular device? Like many other things out there, changing IMEI number has both advantages and disadvantages.
Change Android IMEI Number Without Rooting
Change IMEI Android numbers without rooting can be a bit daunting if you have no idea how to do it yourself because it is a very complex procedure. You can tell by the disadvantages of changing your IMEI numbers in the section above. Here is how you can do it just remember that this will erase everything from your device, so make sure you have backed up everything:
1. Open your Android device’s Settings module.
2. Find Backup & Reset and tap on it.
3. On the next menu, find Factory Data Reset and tap on it.
4. You will then get a notification. Click on Create new (random) Android ID.
1. Dial *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#*on your android device.
2. Now, click on Connectivity option or call pad,
3. Now look for CDS information and then click on it.
4. Then, check out for Radio information.
5. Now, if your android device is a dual SIM device. Then you will get two option like IMEI_1[SIM1] and IMEI_2[SIM2]. Then select any one or of which you want to change IMEI number.
6. Now, change your IMEI number illustrated below,
AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2”
7. Now, just replace IMEI1 or IMEI2 with your any your desired number. and then click on SEND.
This tutorial is for Educational purpose only. We are also not responsible for any harm happened to you or your Android device by our methods.
I hope this article will educate you well and do not perform this for any wrong purpose. Do it for good sake and research purpose.
|Posted by: Administrator - Thu, Mar 30, 2017. This article has been viewed 2.833K times.|
|Online URL: https://www.knowledgepublisher.com/article/1312/how-to-change-imei-number-of-android-phone-without-rooting.html|
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)